“Very good and busy!”

Melt Bar and Grilled
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This place was terrific! We went in a Sunday at opening and there was a line at 10:45 am! We were seated pretty quick and the place filled up quick. They were good with service but it did take a bit to get our food. Well worth it though. It was amazing and if we are ever out that way again we will be there! Amazing!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a fun place. They give everyone waiting a funny name tag like Dukes of Hazzard and The Love Shack. We sat in the bar to avoid the wait. I had the kindergarten with honey ham which may sound like a regular grilled cheese but it was HUGE. My husband had the Cleveland Cheese Steak and had to take half home. The fries are good and the slaw amazing. The service was great and the beer was cold.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

melt is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. the food is fantastic....especially if you're a cheese lover. there is a wide variety of sandwiches, including hamburgers and vegetarian options, and many different types of beer on tap. i've tried most of the grilled cheese sandwiches and they are all good, though i think the dude is one of my favorites. the staff is friendly and curteous and there's a cool fun ambiance. i will say that there is usually a wait, and on the weekends you can expect it to be long. but i think it's worth the wait, and the food is not something you can get just anywhere

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visit Melt Bar & Grilled every time we are in the Cleveland area. ( We live 1 and 3/4 hours from Independence.) We enjoy the Porky Melt, which is a grilled cheese with ham and bacon. My husband and I split a platter and then each get a cup of tomato soup. The sandwiches are on very thick bread and have an abundance of cheese and meat on them. The soup is a very thick tomato, that reminds me of marinara and comes with Goldfish crackers. The fries are thick, fried just right, and taste homemade. ( If you are familiar with Cedar Point's' French fries, these remind me of theirs). The platters include a whole sandwich, a large order of fries, and slaw. I love slaw, but like my slaw creamy. Theirs is not, so I opt not to include it. They adjusted the price for that excusion. The service was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very casual. Their prices are reasonable. We always leave there full. We arrived on a Sunday at 4:30 and had no wait , if we sat at the bar. However, last year we went later in the evening on Super Bowl Sunday and had over an hour wait. We put in our name, did some shopping and returned an hour later. We started visiting another Melt near the Cleveland Clinic years ago, when our son was a patient there. We were so glad to see that they built this additional restaurant in Independence. It is easy to get to off I77, it is in a nice city, and is very close to Cuyahoga National Park.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here twice and both times have been really impressed. You need to get here early or you will have a wait. My wife and I have both order the Monte Cristo when we went and it is one of those things that you want to try something else, but it is just so good. If you are looking for something healty go get your rabbit food from Panera, but if you are looking for a huge portion of good food then this is the palce for you. The monte Cristo is a deef fried grilled cheese that comes with a berry sauce that goes great with the sandwich. I am a big eater and I can only finish about half of the sandwich on an empty stomach. They also have several appetizers to choose from and I would suggest the artichoke dip with chips. It has a kind of hipster vibe, but the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is fun,