“Loud, fun, and a huge meal for a good price.”

Melt Bar and Grilled
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is enjoying its popularity as it was busy on a Tuesday night. Every meal I saw was half eaten and the other half was taken home. There house lager is inexpensive. Not a place for a quiet evening but a place for a relaxed meal and fun. Even without the extra food you will likely take home, the prices are reasonable and undoubtedly the value very much helps to make this diner/pub cheese food place popular.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We saw this place on Man vs. Food on the Food Network and added it to our list of things to do while in the area. The food is tasty and the portions are pretty large. I could only eat half of what was on my plate. Younger patrons and very busy on the weekend.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Strange...with a name like Melt you would think you're going to get your cheese fix!! I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, and it was all bread. The bread was Texas style and the cheese was no more than a thin slice. Horrible!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were excited to try Melt since it was something different (so many varieties of grilled cheese!). I had heard that there could be a huge wait, so we went at 5:00pm on a Saturday and only had a 45 minute wait. The restaurant has a substantial area to sit and wait, so the 45 minute wait didn't seem that long. I had the grilled veggie grilled cheese, and my friend had the russian grilled cheese. We were both very happy with our meals. The sandwich was delicious. The sandwiches are served with a heaping pile of fries (also delicious) and slaw. So be forewarned, unless you have a huge appetite, you'll probably be taking home leftovers! The prices are very reasonable too. This is just a fun, unique place to eat!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

First thing I have to say is you better be real hungry. The portions are absolutely huge. The sandwiches come with a huge helping of fries and slaw. The fries were good and hot, but don't expect the skinny, light colored fries like Mickey D's. These are the skin on, bigger cut, darker colored fries. The slaw quite frankly is pretty lousy, but that is the only thing bad I can say about the place.
My wife got the Cleveland cheese steak, the daughter got the BBQ chicken, and I got the Dude Abides, which is a garlic meatball, fried mozzarella stick, marinara sauce, and 2 kinds of cheese. The bread for the sandwiches is like Texas toast on steroids. It is a good inch thick at the crust.
I'm not a huge eater so I could only eat half the sandwich, and about a third of the fries. One bite of the slaw was more than enough. The slaw seemingly had no dressing and was sprinkled with pepper.
All of us brought home at least a half sandwich and a bunch of fries. That made the $10 to $12 for each sandwich more palatable. If you aren't a big eater, or you don't like reheating restaurant food at home, I strongly suggest taking someone with you and splitting a sandwich.
As far as the decor, the walls appear to be a wallpaper that was made from sketches of Cleveland area things. The ceiling is a metallic ceiling that really reflects sound making the room pretty noisy. There are several televisions tuned to sports channels, but when we were in there, there was on tv tuned to Boomerang. The benches and seats are not padded, but at least the back of the booth had a little bit of a slope. They weren't real comfortable, but we were in and out for lunch in under an hour.