Tripadvisor
Independence
1,564 results
All reviews happy hour made to order breakfast evening reception free drinks the managers omelette station order omelettes complimentary breakfast business center business trip staff was friendly rock and roll hall cleveland shuttle conference downtown fame
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020

unlike most places we stay..we get to pay to park! Then for a "handicapped" room, it consists of a normal bathroom with one verticle bar at the end of the tub...non for commode use,sink or anything else....One bathtowel for 3 people and 2 washclothes....and now that they've removed soda machines etc. you 'get to' pay $3 for a coca cola......now I ask you, is this not an upgrade on customer friendliness or what??? never again! Almost forgot, being a so called handicapped room, it was on the top floor as far away from the elevator as possible--WHAT? NO SPOTS ON THE ROOF???

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank kodiakmagnumbow
Reviewed January 15, 2020

I called down to the front desk for an extra pillow and blanket, after a few minutes of waiting I stepped out to get something to eat. The time was about 7:30pm. When I stepped out my Wife and daughter was in the room alone. Housekeeping arrives knocks on the door “no answer” so he entered the room, instead of politely putting the items down and leaving he proceeded to the bedroom and knocks on that door. “This was totally UNACCEPTABLE” I received a frantic phone call from my Wife saying there was a guy knocking on the bedroom door asking did we call housekeeping, she asked him to put the items down and he then left. Why did he feel the need to walk to the back bedroom that’s not policy and it was wrong. I went to the front desk, the receptionist wasn’t helpful at all but someone from security overheard the conversation and instructed me to contact the head of Housekeeping in the morning. I did call and was able to speak to him. The head of housekeeping couldn’t give me a reason for his employee walking through our suite to the back room, he said he would investigate and give me a call back HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK, HE NEVER APOLOGIZED NOTHING. So the day after I called to speak to the General Manager of this Hotel, I got his voicemail so I left a detailed message of what took place, days went by I called again , voicemail I then left my name and number no details still The GENERAL MANAGER NEVER CALLED BACK TO ADDRESS MY CONCERNS WITH HIS STAFF. This was disheartening seeing that I utilize this hotel often as a diamond member. Still to the day no one has addressed the issue. I had made a reservation to stay again but I cancelled and stayed in the Beachwood Embassy because of this situation. Also, the items that housekeeping brought up weren’t even what I asked for. This isn’t a knock on the hotel itself as far as the room and cleanliness but it is a knock on some of the staff and the supposed leader of the Team in the General Manager.

Room tip: All are fine
2  Thank Moneypowrespect22
Reviewed December 30, 2019

We used to stay i this hotel many times but this week may be our last time.
Not clean room
Very unhelpful staff
Cold pool water and no hot tub
No more pool table
Renovation they claimed is not completed

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear Stay27403557494,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. We addressed the problems you mentioned with our team as we always appreciate feedback that will better our guest experience. Thank you for alerting us to these issues, and we hope you will give us a second chance to make it right in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

In two places the carpet had nails sticking out from frayed carpet edges, that pinched me. Threw some towels at it since it was a very late checkin and didn’t want to change rooms . My brothers room had hair all over on bedding and bathroom, they changed theirs.

Lastly like other embassy suite locations,their veg omelettes are also cooked in the same place as bacon and other no -veg utensils and cooking stations. So that was a no go for us.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Faiz S
Reviewed December 28, 2019

Temperature in rooms were freezing. Maintenance had to come up and explain thermostat. I found out when I was about to take a shower that there was NO hot water. When I called the front desk they were already aware of the problem but wasn’t resolving it until each guess called and then they moved us. Restrooms in pool area were closed but was no sign to warm u before u started swimming.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Dear benwood333,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the maintenance issues encountered, and we are working with our team to correct the problems and avoid recurrence going forward. Your feedback is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again.