“Things have certainly changed..”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GEORGIA
“Things have certainly changed..”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Since our first visit in 2004, this was our 5th stay at Embassy Suites - Rockside. I'll just give the cons and pros of our recent 2 night stay.

Cons: Breakfast was marginal in quality with the artificial butter flavored enhanced cooking oils used in the imitation liquid eggs at the omelet station. Also, the "yucky" frozen pancakes and fake maple/corn syrup needs to be banned from the planet. More cons were the rowdy youth groups that can make any hotel stay an absolute challenge. In addition, the incidental charges mandated by the hotel management for pre-paid reservations does not make any sense. However, if you challenge the front desk personnel, you can "opt out" of the needless charges for pay-per-view movies and hotel room telephone usage. Maybe not so important but the hotel room television offers limited channel options.

PROS: The hotel signs were very visible from Rockside Road for easy navigation. Check-in process was quick and easy. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The business center was neat and somewhat reasonable in cost. Free parking is always a definite plus. Fresh fruit was available at the breakfast bar. The front desk staff was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The lobby was organized and clean.

All in all, this property has aged well and has tremendously benefited from its online presence. Hopefully, on our next visit, we can avoid the "wild" youth groups!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Summertown
mgthotel, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your positive comments about street visibility, quick and easy checkin process, clean and comfortable rooms, the free business center, free parking, professional front desk staff that was knowledgeable and friendly and a clean and organized lobby. We apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay and promise to take your feedback seriously. Our hotel, occasionally will work with the youth sports, choir programs to secure weekend business. We do our best to manage a 11pm "quite time" that accommodates most guests, however I can assure you that after your comments we will re-evaluate for future youth groups that we consider hosting. In regards to our #1 rated hotel breakfast, I will look into and investigate the food choices that we offer our guest. We appreciate your comments and business and will utilize this information to better manage and prepare in the future. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Salinas, California
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I must say the restaurant staff was awesome. Their servers are one of a kind,especially the young woman Jackie, she was so nice and helpful and on top of her job. Being careful, understanding and overall being efficient. I could tell that making us feel comfortable and welcome made her happy. The rest of the hotel staff was also very nice. The rooms were great and the service was one of a kind. I will definetely stay at this hotel the next time my family and I visit cleveland!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and business. Thanks and have a great summer.
Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I have stayed at this particular Embassy Suites before, and have experienced the fun and crazy youth travel teams that always manage to visit Cleveland the same weekend as us. Since this trip involved other family members and the need for accommodations to allow us to visit with each other, I made sure that there were no other group reservations made for youth teams. We checked in and all was wonderful. The hotel was booked up and the pool was crowded so we did not have much opportunity to swim, however, there are plenty of other things for the children to do. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had requested a custom corner suite that gave us the extra room to hang out, visit and relax with our family that had traveled far to visit Cleveland. Saturday night was our last night and 3 of us had early morning flights( 8 AM). At 5 pm we noticed a set up for a fundraiser, a very good cause I am sure. We left, went out to dinner and when we came back at 9 pm, we had to park in the back of the hotel because the event was large and they used street parking and hotel parking for valet. At 11 pm the announcer, or auctioneer , was still going strong in the lobby area. He went on until almost midnight. This was as loud as any youth Hockey team I have encountered. I would absolutely reccommend this hotel, but ask first about youth teams, AND fundraisers, or any party for that matter, being held in the lobby. I may not have minded if I were invited to join the party.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank OhioRoadtrip
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and business. We appreciate your positive comments about our wonderful hotel and clean and spacious rooms. We apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay and promise to take your feedback seriously. Our hotel, a couple times a year will work with local charties for fundraiser purposes. We appreciate your comments and business and will utilize this information to better manage and prepare in the future. Thanks again and have a wonderful summer.
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2010

the breakfast was outstanding, they had a FREE Happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30. Rooms were impeccable...can not say enough good things...my nephew is still asking when can we go back? He was 8 when we went!

Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and business. We are glad that you enjoyed the free breakfast and free managers reception. The managers reception is served daily from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Thanks again and we wish you a enjoyable summer.
Windsor
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Managers reception had two drink limit.... whats up with that. Hotel was full of kids for hockey tournaments and gymnastics. Kids were playing in hall right outside our door and management did nothing to stop the noise. We slept on sofabed and man was it noisy once the kids started running around..... hate the hotel because too many kids around the weekend we were there. Sofa bed was terrible too. next time I would make sure no kid teams staying there, otherwise it would have been just fine. Had no hair dryer in room, first time i have seen that!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
mgthotel, Management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and business. We apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay and promise to take your feedback seriously.

Ou hotel, occasionally will work with youth sports programs to secure weekend business. The weekend you were with us, we were hosting a large group of hockey players from across the country and our hotel was full. We do our best to manage and accomodate most guests, however I can assure you that after your comments, we will re-evaluate for any future sports grouips that we are hosting.

Thanks again and we wish you a wonderful 2010.
USA
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I have stayed at this ES on several business trips. I like the ES concept in general, with the separate bedroom and living area. The atrium style of these hotels is their downfall. In some ES locations, the atrium layout works well when the guests are mostly business travelers. In this instance, the hotel caters alot to families and youth sports teams, in which case the atrium concept breaks down. This hotel is VERY loud because of the screaming youth who run around and treat the whole place like an indoor play place.

They run around playing and yelling and screaming at each other across the atrium as thy run around the floors. The circular design of the floors is very conducive to kids running around. You can't blame them....they're kids after all.

Making the problem worse are the parents who hang around drinking in the lobby and playing pool (and being equally loud). They generally don't discipline their kids, and when they do, they yell at them from the lobby up to the floors where the kids are running around.

In one instance, the kids had set up a roller hockey game outside the elevators on the floor where I was staying....nets and all!!!! They were banging the ball into my window and "checking" each into the walls. I called the front desk, and they said that if the noise continued after 11 pm, they would ask the kids to stop.

11 PM!!!!! are you kidding me?!?!?! I complained several more times, and management did nothing. Finally, I opened my door and asked the kids to move their game elsewhere.

When I checked out, I mentioned it to the front desk guy who told me there was nothing they could do. He then offered me a 'free dinner voucher request' that he said he had to get signed by the manager before it would be valid. He said my voucher would come in the mail. Yeah right.... do you think I ever saw the voucher?

Anyway....the hotel is actually nice, clean, and in a good location. The rooms are nice, and it has a nice fitness area. I won't stay there again, however, because they prefer to cater to youth sports groups, but not the business traveler.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
mgthotel, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, January 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your positive comments about our great location, clean hotel, nice rooms and fitness area. We apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay and promise to take your feedback seriously.

Our hotel, occasionally will work with the youth sports programs to secure weekend business. The weekend you were with us, we were hosting a large group of hockey players from across the country and our hotel was full. We do our best to manage a 11:00pm "quite time" that accommodates most guests, however I can assure you that after your comments that time will be re-evaluated for future sports groups that we consider hosting.

Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This is my family's favorite Embassy Suites. Large rooms surrounding huge central atrium with pool tables. Large eating/meeting area. Exceptional complimentary breakfast buffet which features custom omelets on weekends. Jovial complimentary happy hour with liberal bartenders and salted snacks. Combination of reasonable room price, free breakfast and happy hours makes this a super bargain for families. Very busy, with frequent large groups, but noise has not been a problem. Great place to rendezvous with friends.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family