Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. Breakfast was awesome, they cooked omelets right in front of your face. The cooks racked up tips left and right. The suite room was even better. A small sitting room with a fantastic bed, refrigerator and microwave. Overall, the stay was great. the price was great also. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay. My staff here at the Embassy Suites Cleveland Rockside will be very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us . We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

NO FREE INTERNET !!!! $13 dollar per night to use the internet. Ghetto Food. It was horrible. The business center was filthy. hey need to clean the keyboard and mouse. Other than 1 working computer. It really was a business center. I had to go to starbucks to get my work done. I was extremely disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. I don't believe I have ever gotten a complaint on our free business center. I will look into the cleanliness since this area is on our weekly walk thrus that I perform with the management staff. I know if it is dirty it will be a quick fix.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My room smelled as if it were a smoking room. The temperature never cooled down and the pillows were way too soft. The furniture in my suite was worn and damaged. Overall this hotel fell short of my expectations for an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin H

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We are up for a renovation and we look forward to see what our new rooms are going to look like. The main thing is old is old but clean is clean and that is what we truly focus on here. We ensure that all of the rooms are clean and the employees are friendly. We hope you give us another chance. We hate to have your overall impression ruined becasue of another guest smoking in a nonsmoking room.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Beautiful hotel, but bath for handicap using wheelchair not accessible in true sense. Shower flooded entire bath, shower not wide enough to stand, one foot slips off due to slope, not wide enough shower area. Complimentary breakfast is superior.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We get inspected twice a year for our ADA compliance and we pass every time. I am sorry you felt that our accessible rooms are inadequate for you. We do have mats for the floor if you feel that you need additional support.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I used to stay at the Holiday Inn just around the block but since I learned of this Embassy Suites I have been staying here. Holiday Inn just doesn't recognize your a valued traveler. This Embassy Suites never lets you forget they appreciate your business. Everything is here is fantastic! I have yet to have a poor quality meal

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am so happy that we have been able to exceed your expectations. I will especially pass on your comments about the food quality. I know my culinary team here at the Embassy Suites Rockside will be very happy to hear they are consistently raising the bar. Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were very grossed out and disappointed with our stay. The first room we checked into wreaked of body odor!!! It was awful. We complained and they did give us a new room. After switching to the second room we found dirty sheets with a yellow stain on them (YUCK!!!). We called the front desk & the manager came up to change the bed. We thought everything was okay only to roll over and discover that one of the pillows had a brown stain on it!!! The next morning we wanted to check out, but had been told since the hotel was completely booked for the weekend you had to give 24hr notice to cancel the 2nd night. In addition to our experience with a dirty room....Our friend who was also staying at the hotel found a big brown stain on his bath towel. EEK!!!! The ONLY thing I can say is that the Breakfast buffet & cocktail hour were nice, but we won't be staying at this hotel again. We are beginning to think that the quality of all Hilton Hotels are beginning to decline. We like Marriott much better and plan to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank C D

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me. It seems we failed to meet your expectations. I will be researching who cleaned the room you stayed in so we can address the areas that fell short of our standards as well. I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. It is feedback like this that helps us get better everyday.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

great customer service, friendly staff, cozy, quiet rooms, great breakfast!!!!! Close to city but not too close. Lots of great places to eat nearby as well! Hotel inside is showing its age and could use a little bit of a facelift and updates, but not bad!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. My staff here at Embassy Suites Cleveland Rockside will be very pleased to hear that they were able to exceed your expectations. We know there are a lot of choices when traveling to the Cleveland/ Independence area and we want to continue being your first choice. We look forward to servicing you again soon.