“Ladies Trip”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Youngstown, United States
“Ladies Trip”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel and staff are very nice! The sitting room could have been a little larger for the large furniture. Our ladies group had a wonderful time and the pool, fitness and business center are very nice. Overall great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you so much for the great feedback. My staff will be very pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
oconomowoc, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel was very clean, staff excellent, breakfast is the best I have had. Only draw back is the additional $100 billed to my card that gets refunded within 72 hours to cover any cost not original billed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay. My staff will be very pleased they you enjoyed your stay with us. Debit cards are the main issue when it comes to the additional holds not being returned to your card right away. The bank likes to hold that money to be sure there will be no other charges being add to your bill after you leave.
We all look forward to servicing you again soon.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed at many Embassy Suites and I'll say, this one was pretty nice on the inside! Not that the rest of them aren't but this one had nice atmosphere about it! Everything else was pretty much the same in regards to food, service, etc... I really like Embassy Suites philosophy of the "complimentary happy hour", it's always easy to feel at home after a couple free beers! The only thing that pissed me off was the fact that we got stuck on the elevator upon leaving the hotel and we almost missed our flight, but other than that... it was all good!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback. It sounds like you really enjoy yourself minus the elevator incident. We look forward to servicing you again soon.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Embassy on March 1. As soon as I entered I had the nicest girl check us in and the staff was very pleasant and helped us with everything we needed the whole time! The facility was very nice and clean. Since the nice has already been said I would like to start with the bad. The hotel was super crowded with many children and there was a few events going on during our stay. I wish I would have known about these events beforehand. There was many groups of kids that were unsupervised and ran around all night long and was vein very rowdy! The pool even was shut down for a short period of time because of this! There also was security called later on in the evening because of the rowdy kids! My 11 month old couldn't even walk down the hall to the elevator without being knocked over. Not to mention kids were playing in the elevator nonstop! We ended up having to wake our kids up at 7am so they would be able to enjoy the pool without all the other crazy kids in the building! I believe there should be some rules in place about unsupervised children! Until then I will probably not ever stay at Embassy! Which is sad because the staff and building was so nice!

• Stayed March 2014
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Truly sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like it started off well when you encountered my friendly staff. It is difficult even with the extra security we put on that other guest and their kids end up having a negative impact on other guest's stays. We try not to police our guest because anytime you have to do that hospitality is removed. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We have recently changed our eviction policy to help eliminate situations like this.
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family and I were looking for a hotel that was not very crowded so our 4 and 6 year olds could have fun in the pool. Before I booked this hotel I called the night before and asked what percent of the hotel was booked, I was told 30% So we went ahead and booked. once we arrived there was no where to park the hotel was completely booked solid with huge groups! there was teenagers running all over screaming that they were running from security. we couldn't even get on the elevators due to kids jumping in front of my family. We called the front desk and asked for them to do something about the craziness and we were told they would make note of it and hung up. We went to the pool and it was so packed the number of people in it was over the limit. If that wasn't enough 2am my kids were trying to sleep teenagers still running through the halls screaming. The next morning we went down for breakfast it was the worst I have ever had and the staff was very rude! There was also a limit my 6 year old only wanted bacon they put 3 pieces on her empty plate we asked for a couple more pieces they said they couldn't that they have to count it! I thought it was a buffet all you can eat breakfast. Anyway she didn't want it anyway we sat down to eat the eggs tasted like powder, the bacon was too chewy, the pancakes were ice cold and there was no syrup, If all of this wasn't bad enough when we were getting ready we only had 2 towels in a suite room and there were 3 of us. I called down for towels an hour later still no towels. I call back front desk lady said im so sorry I will send them right away I wait another half hour at this pointe it was time to check out. I call one more time this time I get told all of their towels were in the washer and they didn't have a single towel. I had to dry off with a hair dryer. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a ton due to kids being in cheer and traveling around to competitions. Never have I stayed in a hotel this awful!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms by the elevators are loud and dirty!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
So very sorry to hear about your stay. I can assure you that all of the food at my hotel serves is fresh and made to order. Occupancy changes very quickly with in a 3 day window so I am sorry if you felt the hotel respresentative that you called lied to you. I am happy to say that we have recently gone through a terry and linen refresh. This has held increase our quality and quantity of terry and linen. I can assure you that you will have a better experience when you return.
Dayton OH, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel location several times before, I know it to be a very good facility with a great staff. My stay over a recent (February) weekend was not as pleasant as usual. The hotel was jammed with kids, apparently in town for athletic competitions, and they were noisy and unsupervised late into Saturday evening. So many people came to the Manger's Reception that there were long lines and no where to sit. The reception was held in the lobby area and the noise level was deafening. Sunday Moring breakfast was the same way. I highly recommend the hotel for weekday business travel, but if I were to be thinking of another winter time weekend stay, I'd ask about how full the hotel is likely to be and if large kids groups will likely to be there before finalizing the reservation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Truly sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like you normally enjoy our services but this time your stay was truly effected by our sports group. It is difficult even with the extra security we put on that other guest and their kids end up having a negative impact on other guest's stay. We try not to police our guest because anytime you have to do that hospitality is removed. I know we can do better than so I hope you do give us another chance.
Mid-Atlantic
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Became a patient at the Cleveland Clinic in January 2014 and a friend recommended Embassy Rockside. The rate for a clinic patient helped make our stay more affordable.

Love, love the two room suite. I stay up late and like to stretch on the couch, watch my favorite TV shows and play with my iPad. My husband goes to bed early and prefers a different show to put him to sleep. Having the two rooms was perfect.

Plenty of desk space for "dueling laptops" - I brought an extension cord with chargers for both iPhone 5 and iPad 2 for sitting on the couch or comfy chair and we had room for his and hers power supplies for our laptops at the wall outlet.

Between the sitting area and bedroom is the hall with small fridge, micro, sink and bathroom. We brought along snacks and our own water so the appliances came in handy. Would love to see a mini/single Keurig coffee maker though! (hint, hint)!

We've stayed twice now and both times check-in was easy, staff was courteous, professional and friendly. Location is easy to find. FREE parking is very nice! Both times the rooms, linens, lobby, restaurant - all very clean. Free breakfast in the morning (when I didn't have to fast) was superb. Large variety of food and a hot omelette prepared upon request.

They have two billiard tables and we played a few games to pass the time once. I used the hot tub/whirlpool in the swimming area and it was relaxing. The pool water was a nice temperature too. All indoor. The exercise room looked nice, but I wasn't feeling too energetic, so I didn't use the equipment.

The small shop at the check-in area carry basics with a somewhat inflated price, for convenience, of course, but that said, there ARE drink vending machines located near the ice machine - at least on the 6th and 7th floors. Where the price is a bit lower.

There's a manager's reception in the early evening with snacks and drinks which is a nice touch. Low key music, sports/news TV, a restaurant if you'd prefer. Room service we used twice and both times great. Large portions! The Cleveland Club (I think that's what it was called...) one sandwich could make three. We split one the second time. The shrimp cocktail was fresh and right on for a special treat!

The beds were comfortable - as was the couch - and lots of pillows. There was only one extra somewhat sad blanket in the closet; a foamy feeling kind of thing. But I used it anyway. Somehow it fit my mood and it was comforting.

But I also know if I had wanted a big fluffy blanket or more pillows the staff would have gladly obliged.

And these are some of the reasons why we're going back tomorrow for another stay. It's not too far from the clinic distance-wise. But if you hit rush hour - then stop somewhere and kill some time - there's an Outback close by - and it's a straightforward trip to and from. About 20 minutes average for us. Or just be patient and wait in traffic. You'll get there eventually.

One other thing - of late I have not felt like (or even looked like) my normal self. Comfort clothes rule my life right now and even though the ambience of the hotel is rather nice, no one made me uncomfortable just because I probably appear less than - well, dressed up? Looking nicer like most other guests? I was comfortable in my clothes and treated by everyone I met who worked there as if I fit right in. And that means a lot to me, more so now than ever. So, thank you Embassy people!

See you tomorrow!

Room Tip: I asked for a room near the elevator this time and figure we'll get one. Simply made it easier a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay. We try so hard to exceed our guest expectations and it is nice when our efforts truly are recognized. Cleveland Clinic is a great partner of ours and we are glad to assist others on their way to recovery and wellness. If there is anything else in the future we could do to make your stay even more comfortable don't hesitate to ask.