1,351 results
All reviews happy hour made to order breakfast evening reception the managers omelette station free drinks order omelettes complimentary breakfast business center business trip staff was friendly coffee maker rock and roll hall atrium cleveland shuttle conference
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Tried to get a hotel in downtown Cleveland, but nothing available due to the Browns season opener and the Indians homestand against the Mets. Found availability 7 miles away at the Embassy Suites Rockside. Great value with rooms going for a little over $100 with free buffet breakfast and Managers happy hour daily. You will need to rent a car though if you want to go anywhere, since the hotel is far from anything and no sidewalks for strolling. The very friendly and accommodating staff more than compensates for the dated decor. I would stay here again, but only if downtown is sold out.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor away from the elevators and you should be okay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Always like to hear the word "friendly" because that is the type of service I am expecting all of our guests to receive. We look forward to your next visit with regardless if the downtown is booked or not we would love to service you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent one night at this property while visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's a first generation Embassy Suites property with the rooms surrounding a soaring atrium, much like the Embassy Suites where I stayed in downtown Atlanta two years ago. I shudder to think of how much it must cost to heat or air-condition all that dead space these days, but that's not really the point of this review.

Although the property is showing its age in some ways, the room was clean, well appointed and very comfortable. A full hot breakfast is served in the atrium every morning with omelets made to order, a welcome relief from the weak coffee and stale croissants fare that passes for breakfast at many hotels.

One drawback of this hotel is isolation. You need a car to stay here. Other than the hotel's own restaurant, there is no place to eat within reasonable walking distance or without crossing busy streets. There is public transportation, but riding the bus to downtown Cleveland means a half-mile walk to the bus stop and then a 45 or 70 minute ride on the bus depending on which route you take.

Also, bring your own internet if you can. The hotel wi-fi is not included in the room rate and expensive.

If you are planning to do touristy things in the Cleveland area, check into the packages this hotel offers. We paid $189 for a package that included a one-night stay in a room with a king bed and two tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If I had just booked the room, the rate would have been about the same for an equivalent room. The adult tickets to the Hall are worth $44. There is a similiar deal for the Football Hall of Fame in Akron.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am please to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am please to annouce that our hotel is planning on renovating in the year 2014. I would also like to point out that we are tucked away on Rockside Woods Blvd which helps with the peace in quiet and that you don't have to compete with other commerical establishments nearby. Also we have a complimentary shuttle that takes you anywhere in a 5 mile radius. So if you are like me and don't want to cross a busy intersection you can take the shuttle and can be at a trendy restaurant in just minutes.
Hope to service you again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was on business in the area and chose the Embassy Suites purely for location. I do not travel often, but enjoyed the amenities that the hotel had to offer. I needed a shuttle to and from work and the Embassy was great in planning these trips. The only problem with the shuttle was that only one shuttle was in operation so I had to wait about an hour and a half to get a ride home from work. The breakfast was phenomenal, friendly staff, and clean facilities. Overall great trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. From your comments it seems that you enjoyed your stay. My staff will be very pleased to hear this. Truly sorry about the transportation situation. We had to get the van in for repair to ensure everything like AC would be operation for when we needed to use it. It is now fixed and ready for some passengers. Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Generic mid to lower middle range business class hotel. Worn out and in need of a major updating. It's in the middle of no where. $25-30 cab ride to downtown Cleveland. Staff friendly. Expert many rings before the front desk picks up telephone. The telephone in my room looked like it had been reassembled after a truck ran over it. It worked as expected after a truck accident. Had to call at 330pm when my room had still not been cleaned for the day. Not the kind of place where you are getting a robe and slippers. Free breakfast middle range. Did have omelette station. Coffee as weak as water.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are working toward a room renovation in 2014. We are a business hotel that has robes upon request. Do not get many requests for "slippers" but it is definitely something we can look at so thanks for the suggestion. We are about 10 mins to downtown. The best part about our hotel is you do not have to pay for parking. Downtown you would have to pay a sizeable fee. Again we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This property is in a small suberb of Ohio, yet right off the highway allowing easy access to all of Clevelands attractions. Plenty of restauants very close by. The hotel is typical embassy, with spacious clean rooms, comfortable beds, microwave, rifrigerator and wet bar in the room.
The staff was very accomodating and went out of their way to check in with us to assure that everything was ok with our stay. Nice pool, free cocktails during happy hour and a wonderful made to order breakfast all included in a compatitive rate. We would definately stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear to your truly enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to my staff. We look forward to servicing you again soon.