“No free wifi”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Independence
“No free wifi”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice hotel and the rooms are set up very well. I had a great sleep every night (could not hear anything in the halls). However not having free wifi is a major strike against this establishment. Breakfast was the typical, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, etc....(should have more than 2 toasters for a hotel this size). Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do try to stay competitive with the current pricing of internet in our area of full service hotels. We hope to service you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Winter Park, FL
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for a week in the middle of June. I drove straight thru from Orlando and was greeted by Jessica at the front desk. A wonderful person who made check in easy and quick so I could get to my room and start relaxing. She made me feel at home. The hotel is well maintained with a nice congregation area with pool tables and comfy sitting areas. The nightly managers reception is not to be missed. The morning breakfast is wonderful, Martin makes the best omlettes! If you are in the area and need a hotel, I suggest this hotel, it will feel like your second home.

• Stayed June 2013
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be sure to share your comments to my staff. We look forward to servicing you again soon.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is far enough from Cleveland proper that you feel like your in a suburban park, but can see downtown Cleveland from your room. Beautiful lobby, great design for resteraunt and bar. Unlike a lot of Embassies the people working the manager's reception make you feel like you are really wanted there and are very quick with their service. The people at the front desk can help you find anything in the area and they know what is going on with local attractions. The breakfast area is set up very smart and while the chief cooks your omlet, you can peruse what else is offered.

Room Tip: I would suggest the 3rd floor or above since there are many functions that take place in the ballroo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments to my staff. They will be pleased that they exceeded your expectations. We look forward to servicing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

From the outside the property looks nice; don’t be fooled especially by the pictures. Inside, the entire hotel is old, dated, and generally run down. Graffiti in the elevators, the place hasn’t been cleaned in years. Is it too much to ask that you remove the caked on dust from the elevator buttons? The only food I ate was at the breakfast buffet. They were out of forks and when I asked for more forks so I wouldn’t have to eat with my hands, the reply I received was “go see if there are any around the corner, I’m kinda busy.” Well; allrighty then! Rooms and furnishing are worn and in need of replacement; appears they purchased all their furnishings from a fire sale at Motel 6. One thing I never can get past; the entire hotel has a general “stale odor” about it. I have stayed here several times, addressed my concerns with Hilton Corporate Offices but nothing changes. There are many more quality accommodations in the general area that are far superior for less cost. Please note, this hotel frequently books LARGE events; parking is insufficient and no accommodations are made for hotel guests. Basically when the parking fills up, you (as a registered guest) are expected (per management) and told to park in the office complex approximately ½ mile away and walk. Will be staying elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms at any other hotel in the area are your best choice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel4MeNE
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We have definitely had some changes since you wrote these comments. It also seems that you may have been miss informed. We are a 271 room hotel with over 300 spaces. We have great relationship with the College located about 100 feet next to use where you can park there on the weekends. We are due for a renovation in 2014 but have made some changes already to our housekeeping department so I am sure you would be pleased with our current cleanliness of our hotel. We are very busy hotel and unfortunately is my job as the GM to keep it that way so when you do stay here there will be other events happening. The other hand we take customer service seriously and treat each guest as such. We don't want any guest to feel like a room number so we take it upon ourselves to try and learn your name while you are and use it when we interact with you. Can't wait until your next visit with us to experience the difference. Other have already.
Ashland, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My kids were supposed to sleep on the pull-out sofa, but could not because it was awful! There were blood and other dark stains on the mattress and mattress cover. I notified the hotel staff, but they never fixed the problem. They claimed they were "completely booked" and could not do anything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

So sorry for the issues you faced while staying with us. It sound as though my staff took care of it at departure. This doesn't take away from the fact that the situation happended in the first place. We hope you give us another chance since we have made some changes since you last stayed.
Springfield, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Room: We stayed in a corner suite with double beds on the second floor. Room was clean, spacious, and easily accommodated the sleeper sofa and a crib. Pillows were a little soft, but I found out afterwards that I could have requested firmer foam pillows. Bathroom was clean and modern.

Service: The room wasn't ready when we first showed up (around 4pm). Check-in person and the manager went above and beyond to take care of us while our room was prepared. Food service and bar personnel were fantastic.

Pool: Fantastic! Not too much chlorine, yet clean. Good size.

Location: This trip was a one-night stop while travelling I-80. A little out of the way, but not too bad. There were quite a few of the standard restaurant chains nearby.

Overall: Everything was great! Will be staying here again next week as we travel back home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am very pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at my hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff. They always love to hear that they were able to exceed our guest's expectations. Look forward to your next stay with us.
independence, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just nothing I expected from embassy suites. I tend to stay loyal to Hilton and no loyalty from them in return and they didnt follow through anything we asked from them in the sense of service. Im an honors member and really disappointed in this stay..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

So sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Feedback like yours is what help us achieve our goal of wanting to be the best in customer for the Cleveland area. We hope you give us another chance when you travels take you to the Cleveland area.