“Ghetto as hell staff lets hotel party's go on and lets hookers in the front door”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Me my wife and 3 kids stay for a weekend the first night was really nice but the next day there was a ghetto hotel party going on they had 3 rooms in the hotel there was dirty looking half naked hookers walking floor to floor staff was going in the same rooms partying with them smells or pot was coming from the room real bad but the hotel did give us are money back for the 2 night but that's not the point when I have to pack up 3 kids and go home they could had gave me a free nite or something if your looking for a nice embassy suit go to beachwood it's nicer and there in turtles on the lobby the u can feed

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Tommyholl
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
So sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Feedback like yours is what help us achieve our goal of wanting to be the best in customer for the Cleveland area. We hope you give us another chance when you travels take you to the Cleveland area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Tyler, TX, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I and our 18 year old son stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel itself is very nice and well kept. The two room suite had plenty of room for the three of us. The complimentary evening reception and cooked to order breakfast in the morning were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be sure to share your experience with my stay. They will be pleased that they were able to exceed your expectations. Look forward to servicing you again soon.
Willoughby, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We got our king standard room for a "discount" at $119. Although the hotel is nice, I probably wouldn't have stayed here if we had a choice. We were staying here due to a wedding. The breakfast was good, although not a huge selection of choices, but it was just fine for us. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt that although it was a nice stay, we probably could have gotten a comparable experience cheaper at one of the surrounding hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Englewood, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at several Embassy locations and this one was up to what I have come to expect. We purchased the Rock and Roll HOF package and we weren't given our tickets. We had to go back down and ask for them. We went down for the manager's reception and there was a wedding reception going on and the snacks consisted of a bowl of potato chips and a bowl of pretzels. Usually they have some dip or ranch, a veggie tray, etc. We came down for breakfast and this homeless guy kept following us around saying he was following us where was the breakfast? We got our food and there was literally no where to sit. There is this huge expansive area and hardly no tables in it. I dont know if they pulled tables for the wedding reception or what. We sat in 2 chairs and used the edge of where the plants are as a table. The food was ok except the sausage links were a very un-appealing shade of grey-white. Our room was nice and the ac cold but when in the bathroom you could smell cigarette smoke and we had a non-smoking room. My guess is the cleaning staff smoked in the room, either that or it was coming thru the vents. I would not stay there again when returning to Cleveland. I could have had just as good of a stay across the street for half the price.

Rome, NY, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Every time I have stayed they were booked with a lot of kids. Lots of kids (ages were roughly 8 - 15) for a soccer tournament. There must have been 15 or more teams staying there. Little to no supervision by the coaches, parents or hotel staff. Kids running up and down the halls all night. Another time it was hockey teams for a tournament. But the same type of things happening. I know "kids will be kids" and I can accept that, but parents and coaches ... you have a responsibility also. The hotel staff should have gotten involved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldBull2
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. These weekends can be challenging but my hotel staff do try there best to manage it the best way possible. During the weekends we have increased our security by using off duty police officers to help police our hotel. We do this in hope that all of the guest will realize we are trying to protect there experience and ensure it isn't ruined by another guest.
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Overall, this hotel was very good. I'm hard-wired to really scrutinize awarding anything an overall "excellent" rating, but this would come close. There are no issues/nuances to report during my stay. The staff and facility were very, very good.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

So happy to hear about the great service you encountered at my hotel. Look forward to servicing you again soon.
chicago, IL
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Embassy suites a few nights while in the area on business. Everything was very nice.

Rooms were huge, clean and had anything I could need in a room. The one thing I didn't like about the room was the desk chair - sure it might be ergonomic but extremely uncomfortable.

The breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts and had many options to pick from including fresh made omelets or French toast - not pre made ones sitting in a warmer. There was also a managers reception in the evening with some food and free beverages - good deal.

The hotel lobby looked nice and had a few pool tables which appeared they were free to use. I had limited interaction with the staff, but those which I did run I to were good from the front desk to breakfast. One thing I wish they would have provided was coffee early in the morning in the lobby in some fashion - pay or free. I'm usually up earlier and the coffee downstairs wasn't open until breakfast started or if it was i couldnt find it. The room coffee maker is there but....

Overall a. Great stay and would easily chose to stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. My staff will be pleased to hear they were able to exceed your expectations.