1,344 results
All reviews happy hour made to order breakfast evening reception the managers omelette station free drinks order omelettes two room suite complimentary breakfast business center business trip staff was friendly coffee maker rock and roll hall bed was very comfortable atrium cleveland
Reviewed December 24, 2007

Was there on a business trip for two nights.

Location - not too far away from anywhere, but then again really nothing is too far away from anywhere in CLE area. Airport - 20 min away by car. Public transportation of course nonexistent.

Pool tables in the lobby as well as a bar with overpriced drinks.

Lobby area is very well appointed, the elevators are fast and the staff very helpful. Free breakfast was included, and had usual amercan fare - the cardiac special with bacon, eggs, sausage, a basic fruit plate (pineapple and mellon), pancakes, etc... Coffee came from a faucet embedded in the wall, so I was very hesitant to try it. Otherwise, breakfast was OK.

Room - large, I had a suite on the 5th floor. No view in that area. Bed comfortable, bathroom with amenities, good shower. One of the wallpaper pieces in the hallway was ripped off.

Parking - free upfront.

Overall, reasonable stay, highly overpriced for CLE area. If the employer did not pay, I would have stayed somewhere else.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 4, 2007

Finally an Embassy with decent customer service... stayed at many where the local mgt thinks of customers as a necessary evil versus why they are in business...

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We arrived late on a Friday night so missed the first happy hour. We recieved a room on the third floor. As my mother in law requested a lower floor room. [ there are 8 floors] We had 2 rooms, my 2 nephews were with my mother in law and we had 4 in our room, myself , husband and 2 kids. We were also right next to eachother as requested. Bkfst. both days was great , Jesse the omlette cook was everything everyone says, and he was there both days. The wait would of been bad for the omlette other wise but he made the time go by with his stories. And best omettes, also fresh fruit[ pineapples, melon, apples] bacon, sausage, cereals, pastries, pancakes. Sat . we did the zoo. Get there at 10 when it opens, we could not see the whole thing in 1 day. It closes at 5. We were full from bkfst. So didn't eat much at the zoo, but the kids had pizza hut pan pizza, $3.49. When we got back to the hotel i was looking forward to Happy hour. There was a wedding in the atrium. It was just ending and people were not going anywhere. Plus they were all staying in the hotel. So the happy hour was like another bar for them. And nowhere to sit for us. We eventually found 4 chairs for 6 of us. They didn't have mai tias like the other Embassy suites we stayed at, but the tequila sunrise was great, made with sauza tequila. They had a popcorn machine, 2 different chex mix [ 1 spicy] , pretzels, and goldfish. All snacks were good, except the goldfish [daughters an expert] said not fresh. When we got up to the room the maintence man was there saying there was a leak of the toilet seal in my mother in laws room and she had to move. It was leaking to the room under it. She wasn't happy going all the way accross the otherside of the floor. Then the maid threw out a pile of newspapers and magazine we brought from home to read that were on top of the table. None of this was mentioned by them at checkout. We were in a hurry, and i didn't want to cause a scene in front of everyone so just left. Also they try to get you online for the build a bear package, its cheaper to just buy it in the giftshop. Its $10. online its like $25. Candy is $1 in the gift shop. There were 2 waters in my room with Embassy suites labels with a note that said with our compliments. I guess because we are rewards members. But none in the other room. Over all would stay there again and ask if there is a wedding first. Its is the cheapest of the 3 Embassy Suites in Cleveland.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Stayed at this Embassy Suites while in Cleveland for Yankee game, decent location as Jacobs field is maybe 10 - 15 mins away by car. Front desk was helpful and accomodations were ok, considering we were using hilton points rather than paying $ for the room. Beds were small and no roll aways available. Had to ask front desk for a luggage cart, I was given the staff "spare" which was locked away in a back room, you had to know to ask for it I assume.

Area restaurant choices were pretty good, try the Quaker Steaks place a mile or two away, good food and atomosphere. The comp breakfast next morning was a disaster. Too many guests and staff was short handed and there was little / no food to be found. Worst run breakfast at a ES I've ever seen, many complaints from guests. If I had paid $ for this place the rating would be lower.

Barco44

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My family of four spent four nights at the Embassy Suites Rockside in mid July. We checked into a smoking / king despite my reservation request of nonsmoking / two beds. They brought us an ionizer which cleared the air a bit but ther's nothing you can do about the furniture. They also offered to move us to a nonsmoking suite the next day.

I checked with the desk the next morning at 9 and the new room was available and they offered to move our bags for us. We had travleed light and moved the bags ourselves. The new room felt much cleaner and had a bathtub drain that worked which the previous room did not have.

The lobby amenities are nice, my family enjoyed the pool tables and the swimming pool. There is a patio outside the pool which is nice to get a breath of fresh air. We did not experience the chlorine smell that others mentioned.

We had a lot of interaction with the food and beverage manager at both dinner and during the Managers reception.He was very friendly and attempting to keep the floor clean during the reception despite my 8 yr olds best efforts. The reception desk help was also very pleasant and helpful although understaffed at times.

The breakfast definitely was not up to ES standards. The lack of variety and worst of all they ran out of many items. I did get to meet the famous Jesse mentioned in other reviews and he is all they say he is. Unfortunatley he was only on one of my three mornings, I don't think the other cook was a morning person and I'll just leave it at that.

It is a great location to visit Cleveland, a very easy 8 miles out. I would have liked to have seen more of Independence and perhaps take one of the scenic train rides from the station in town.

I might stay at this hotel again but will read trip advisor reviews for other hotels in the area before booking.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NJDadTrip