“If you ever want your kids to experience jail... Stay here.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for a hockey tournament. They had at least five hockey teams, two weddings and a barmitzpa all on the weekend. Arrived there Saturday night after a game where we walked in through the entrance to see two police officers. They began by telling us that they are always on duty at this and several other hotels in the area. At 10pm, the boys went to the pool when they were kicked out before 11 even though it was open til midnight. The officer on duty explained that the hotel is allowed to tell you when community areas are closed. He then proceeded to tell me that the boys needed to stay in a room. They institute a curfew inside the hotel and have in the past sent the GUESTS of the hotel to PRISON for not obeying this rule.

We had a community room on the main level, however, only the parents were able to stay there. I then had fifteen teenagers in my room bored watching a ridiculously priced movie. Thank the lord that i left my young girls home with grandma or i would have been imprisoned with the boys. Once in the room, we noticed the police doing a walk through on each floor with the k9 unit. Yes, a k9 unit walking around the hotel. The boys felt like they were prisoners and it definitely was not the trip that they were looking forward to. The problem was the drunks from the wedding throwing up in the elevators not the teenagers who just wanted to be there with their team.

In the morning, we noticed a man sweeping glass, looks like somebodies car got broken into.

The only advice I can give you is DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank WeLuv2Travel98
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Sorry that you felt like you where in Jail. We do hire off duty police officer's to help keep the kids in order since in most cases they are unsupervised and end up effecting other guests that aren't with the tournament. We do have quiet hours in the hotel and in order to enforce them we asked for the kids to be in there rooms at a certain time. Hotel rules are given to the coaches at the time of booking. The situation with dog wasn't related to the hotel. The individual or individuals that were walking around with the dogs were staying in the hotel. They weren't not related to the security that was hired for the weekend.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

we went to Cleveland for a Football game, stayed here as they had enought rooms for our group. got a great price online. Breakfast was good, evening reception was very nice as the whole group could hang out and have coctails in the atrium. Hotel was full and even had some functions going on, but did not have any issues at all. Everyone said beds were very comfy. I would stay here again if we go back to Cleveland.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. My staff take pride in trying to ensure all guest have a positive experience at the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My partner brought me along on a business trip this week. He and I are so impressed with the service and location that we are staying longer to have some fun! Superb customer service, clean, great breakfast and close to everything.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

It was so great to hear about your most recent stay with us. My staff will be very pleased to hear of the great impact they had on your stay to the Cleveland- Rockside area. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here after visiting downtown Cleveland. It is a short, easy drive from downtown. The hotel is also a short drive from Cuyahoga National Park. There are also several restaurants nearby (we ate at Melt, which is just down the street). The check-in staff was very friendly and recognized us each time we would come and go. The room was spacious and comfortable. The free breakfast was okay, but not my favorite. I'm not a huge eggs fan, so I had the pancakes which were nothing special. The only things I didn't like (which are really minor complaints) were that there was no room service menu in the room, and the in-room movie feature on the TV had a few movies listed that were not really available. So that killed our plan of ordering dessert and watching a movie one night. But overall this was a nice place to stay, and the price was hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. My staff will be pleased to know that their efforts to make your stay special was successful. I have also shared your comments with my chef to see if there is anything we could to fix the pancake situation. I do not know why your room didn't have a room service menu. We have recently gone through a menu change at the hotel. I think you will enjoy some of our new items.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel due to proximity to Cuyahoga National Park/ Bike trail. Pretty typical Embassy suites except for some reason this location gives out "Drink tickets" for the managers reception. Max 2 per person per day. The pool area wasn't given much attention. There was a wet tissue on the floor for 2 days and the second day I had to pick up sopping wet towels and clean up a used bandaid and tissue just to get in the hot tub. There was rust on bottom frames of door frames and it was hit or miss with available clean dry towels. A nice feature was the shuttle to area restaurants and to the Rockside station which would be great especially if you planned on going to the wine tasting train excursion. We ended up with a room facing the expressway after asking for one away from traffic but we didn't notice any traffic noise. Would probably stay here again but hopefully the pool area could get some renovation and consistent cleaning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keoweegirl

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your most recent stay. The Cuyahoga Bike trial as well as the close proximity to downtown is one of the many reason guest tend to stay with us. I have met with my Housekeeping Manager and have addressed the pool area. We have added another body for busy weekends and busy weekdays so this sort of thing doesn't reoccur. I look forward to your return trip to our hotel. I know you will notice the difference.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Located just off the highway but set back from the main road this hotel is convenient yet quiet and comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good but not outstanding. The suite was comfortable, spacious and quiet.
Several restaurants are in easy driving distance - see my review of Bonefish
The airport is 20 min drive away. I'll stay here next time I am in this area on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to my team. I will also look into the breakfast since that seem to be the only area we feel short in. Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed at this location for the first time for a one day seminar. Room was nice (which is normal for this chain). The only minus was house keeping didn't leave any wash rags from the previous cleaning! Breakfast was good, but not as good at other locations I've stayed in!!! Beautiful hotel lobby and atrium area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you informing us or your experience at our hotel. I have spoken with my housekeeping team to address the one issue you had. I know this will be resolved in time for your next visit with us. See you soon.