1,331 results
All reviewshappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionthe managersomelette stationfree drinksorder omelettestwo room suitecomplimentary breakfastbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlycoffee makerrock and roll hallbed was very comfortableatriumcleveland
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for a family weekend getaway and were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the rooms. The kitchenette was a plus. As other reviewers have noted, this hotel is extremely busy on weekends and frequently hosts large groups of children's sports teams and the like (our kids' friends coincidentally were staying here the same weekend for a hockey tournament). The breakfast buffet was very busy; go early if you want to avoid the crowds. While the lobby was bustling with activity, once we were in our rooms we really didn't hear anything.

Our kids enjoyed having lots of room to spread out; the adults could hang out in the living room area and enjoy a glass of wine while the kids watched a movie in one of the bedrooms.

We used the pool area Saturday afternoon, which the kids really enjoyed. It was empty so it was fun; as we were getting ready to leave, a crowd of loud boisterous adolescents descended on the pool area. Sunday morning after breakfast, we tried to use the pool again but it was teeming with minimally supervised kids.

The biggest (though relatively minor) inconvenience during our stay was that none of our rooms had enough towels when we checked in. We found someone from housekeeping, a tired-looking but pleasant woman who said that she didn't have enough towels for all of the rooms that needed to be made up and that perhaps some more would be available later that evening. From our conversation it seemed like this is a frequent occurence at the hotel. Presumably management could figure out how many towels are needed when the hotel is full so that housekeeping can stock each room with an adequate number of towels at the time that they make up a room, rather than having to go back later. It seems like the hotel is often at or near capacity, so they should have figured it out by now.

All in all, we enjoyed our visit here and would likely stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for the very nice comments about our hotel! It is definately a very busy hotel as you said. I really appreciate the positive feedback and hope we will see you again!
scott Schmelzer

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We choose this for the location, the breakfast buffet, and the suite layout. Having stayed twice, I can agree with other reviewers that it is really busy, and thus breakfast if very crowded. If you have patience, or are willing to bring food back to your room, you will find the breakfast is a plus. A great omelette station, plenty of options, etc. Definitely a great savings of money and time (even with a wait) over having to eat out. Our rooms have always been clean, and we think its location in Independence is a perk with all of the restaurants and shops nearby. We use it as a stopover on our way to Chicago from the northeast and it is perfect for that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know everyone is very busy and we appreciate it very much when our guests take time to tell us about their stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Scott Schmelzer

Reviewed April 14, 2012

After reading reviews of this hotel, I was worried about our upcoming trip, however our experience this week was pretty good. Our room (the basic double bed suite) was very clean. I did not find stains, smells, or dirt (thank goodness). I found the staff to be very helpful. The breakfast was great, my husband and I both enjoyed our made to order omlets. The kids (4 and 7) both enjoyed the pool.
I do agree with earlier comments about noise. The first night we stayed (Thursday) was quiet and did not experience any problems with noise. However on Friday night there was a noisey crowd , yelling and running around until after midnight. We did complain to the front desk and they said it would be taken care of. However it took another call and a threat to call the police until it was taken care of.

Room Tip: Get a higher room and one away from the elevator even if you have to pay for it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments! I know the housekeeping staff will appreciate your positive observations regarding the cleanliness of your room. It was a very busy time and i am glad to hear that the staff was very helpful. Thank you for taking time to tell us about your visit.
Scott Schmelzer

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend conference, and thankfully I can say we did not have the issues that a lot of the other reviewers report. I'd certainly agree that this Embassy Suites is below average from others I've stayed. The location is great, close to I-77 and I-480, with lots of good restaurants close to choose from (Melt, Bonefish to name a couple). Our the room was clean, if a bit worn. Breakfast was good, but you had to get there early lest you'd be stuck w/o a seat (there were even warnings on the elevators basically saying if you show up after 8am, be prepared to wait. After 9am, you are pretty much screwed.) With a conference crowd, I will say that the three elevators seemed over-tasked. We used the stairs often, but the stairs are located through a back hallway in the employee area...seemed very strange that there was not a customer-friendly set of stairs. Also this location/area must have some issues with homeless persons, as we had an early evening shouting match between a homeless visitor and the posted, armed guard in the lobby. Just a few minutes but it certainly resonated through the atrium. As for the conference experience, one strange finding was that this hotel has the noisiest conference chairs I have ever encountered. They all squeak, it must be a design flaw. All in all I'd say our stay was OK, bit I would have expected a bit more from the Embassy brand and the $100+ per night price tag.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramblin_Dan_1322
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I typically look for Embassy Suites for business travel, but it was a mistake this time. I can deal with out of date or really anything but a dirty feeling room. There were stains on shower curtains, chairs, the floor. There were even sticky spots on the carpet in my room. This was horrible, and I will absolutely not stay here again.

This is not the typical Embassy suites experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business