“DON'T Go there...try someplace else!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We checked in Christmas Eve for 2 rooms, booked months in advance. We called multiple times through the week and while driving, to be assured the rooms were ready for us, including sofa bed made up, ready to put sleeping babies in, extra bath towels, shampoo, etc for a swift check in, drop off luggage and baby supplies and then go to Grandma's for dinner and a late return for bedtime.
WHEW!! What a disaster! NO sheets on sofa when we opened it at 11:40, arms loaded with sleeping children...a call for sheets resulted in 1/2 hour wait ("sorry, it is a holiday, we are short staffed").....bathroom floor was FILTHY. Towels were in shreds! Check out my pictures. Sofa had the front face board cracked and springs popping out....in BOTH ROOMS ("as you can tell, we are under rennovation"). Management on duty? HOUSEKEEPING!! Yeah, like they were going to admit they didn't clean the room before we checked in?
Next morning? Housekeeping bangs on door at 8 saying, if we didn't get rooms cleaned then, they wouldn't be done at all! OK! You woke up the babies, go ahead and clean! We will go eat breakfast.
Breakfast was great, except for the homeless guy, who had been sitting in the lobby since we checked in the day before, who was coughing and sneezing all over the food bar and pocketing apples, bananas and filling his coffee cup multiple times. VERY UNAPPETIZING and we left and went across to Bob Evans.
EXCUSE after excuse...but the best? "Well, you booked through the internet. We can't control what room you get". At least 4 different rooms lined up behind me to talk to manager, and he avoided us all! FINALLY I started speaking VERY LOUD and said I'd sit all day making a scene...he magically appeared. Showed him the pictures. He had nothing to say.
Manager was a joke, avoided our messages and calls, promised to "make it right", which after a month, and me contacting the accounting office direct, we received the refund in 2 different checks?

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank swimsong
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

So sorry for the expirience. Certainly not the kind we want our guests ti have. No excuse for it. Glad the situation finally was resolved.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside and the first night was fine. But the second night was terrible! At around 10:30 the fire alarm went off, and then again a few minutes later, so we walk out of our room and theres still people downstairs drinking and people looking over the balcony. We were given no reason why it went off, just that we should go back to our rooms. Also there were so many kids running around and screaming. We had to call the front desk once, which they did nothing, and then my grandmother actually had to go yell at the kids herself, twice, before they scattered, and then started again five minutes later. They finally had security start to walk around telling everyone to keep their kids in the rooms. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to the ice machine, or your in for a walk.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SarahSeeley2012
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

So sorry for the expirience. a fire alarm, (even a false alarm as this one was) is never a pleasant expirience. Our security which consistedof two officers from the city of Independence, did their best to keep the children under control however there were many children here as you noted. Please accept my apologies for the noise.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Me ans my husband had the chance to getaway last weekend and we stayed at the Embassy Suite Independance, Ohio. The breakfast was so goooooood and Oleg was absolutely wonderful. The manager even let us check in early. We had a great time!!!!!

Sincerely
The Porter's

Room Tip: away from elevator
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!!! I will make sure i share your response with Oleg and the staff! Thank you again!

Reviewed January 25, 2012

After doing a considerable amount of research, I decided to stay at this hotel when I was in town for a visit with a friend. It was my first solo road trip, so I was a little anxious when I arrived. I was happy to find that the hotel was easy to find. It is on a road that comes to a dead end, so I liked that it wasn't very busy, but it was a little secluded at night. Check in was fast and efficient. I wish I had requested a room not near an elevator, but the suite was large enough that I didn't really notice it. Room was clean, beds were semi comfortable. It worked for a one night stay. I would return for an overnight or two at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again!
Take care,

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed one night at The Embassy Suites Cleveland-Rockside and the room was filthy. We would have either asked to move or go to a different hotel if it hadn't been 10 at night and we had just driven thru a snow storm.

There appeared to be caked on Jelly on the desk, the mirror over the bar sink was so dirty you could hardly see yourself - the alarm clock hadn't been cleaned in years - I would not have touched it if it was going off. There was a bar of opened soap in the shower so obviously the shower hadn't been cleaned or the staff would have noticed and thrown it away. Also, there was a spill on the floor - not a stain, that I understand but a hard, crusty area on the floor coming out from the under the chair.

When I told the person at checkout about the problem she asked if I wanted to speak to the head of housekeeping - no, thats YOUR job not mine.

I really expected SO much more of an Embassy Suite - we travel to this area of Ohio for a gymnastics meet each year - I WILL NOT be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank aghmom
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We take the feedback of all of our guests very seriously and want everyone to enjoy their stay with us. I am very sorry for the expirience you had with us and it is certainly not what we strive for. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of our entire staff. I hope you will give us another chance in the future as this is not a typical expirience.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed at this property in October 2011 weekend and had what I would characterize as the worse experience in my over 30 years of travel. The stafff was obnoxious and did not know the word Hospitality. I have formally written to executives at Hilton Corp in charge of the Embassy Suites business unit and have not gotten a response or acknowledgement. Apparently this culture goes all the way through the organization.

I will never recommend nor stay at an Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom G
Reviewed December 31, 2011

If you are planning to use this facility for long term, perhaps you would like to reconsider. Bed is comfortable, location is easy to find and convenient, however, daily cleaning service leaves much to be desired and the guest laundry is filthy!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bashikulu
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We do take your comments very seriously and share them with our team in the effort to improve our efforts. I sincerely hope that should you travel this way again you will give us another chance! Thank you again