We checked in Christmas Eve for 2 rooms, booked months in advance. We called multiple times through the week and while driving, to be assured the rooms were ready for us, including sofa bed made up, ready to put sleeping babies in, extra bath towels, shampoo, etc for a swift check in, drop off luggage and baby supplies and then go to Grandma's for dinner and a late return for bedtime.
WHEW!! What a disaster! NO sheets on sofa when we opened it at 11:40, arms loaded with sleeping children...a call for sheets resulted in 1/2 hour wait ("sorry, it is a holiday, we are short staffed").....bathroom floor was FILTHY. Towels were in shreds! Check out my pictures. Sofa had the front face board cracked and springs popping out....in BOTH ROOMS ("as you can tell, we are under rennovation"). Management on duty? HOUSEKEEPING!! Yeah, like they were going to admit they didn't clean the room before we checked in?
Next morning? Housekeeping bangs on door at 8 saying, if we didn't get rooms cleaned then, they wouldn't be done at all! OK! You woke up the babies, go ahead and clean! We will go eat breakfast.
Breakfast was great, except for the homeless guy, who had been sitting in the lobby since we checked in the day before, who was coughing and sneezing all over the food bar and pocketing apples, bananas and filling his coffee cup multiple times. VERY UNAPPETIZING and we left and went across to Bob Evans.
EXCUSE after excuse...but the best? "Well, you booked through the internet. We can't control what room you get". At least 4 different rooms lined up behind me to talk to manager, and he avoided us all! FINALLY I started speaking VERY LOUD and said I'd sit all day making a scene...he magically appeared. Showed him the pictures. He had nothing to say.
Manager was a joke, avoided our messages and calls, promised to "make it right", which after a month, and me contacting the accounting office direct, we received the refund in 2 different checks?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the intersection of I-480 and I-77, with easy access to Cleveland area attractions. Our all-suite hotel is ideal for any kind of traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Cleveland Rockside
- Embassy Suites Independence
- Independence Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Cleveland Rockside Independence, Ohio