1,329 results
All reviewshappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionthe managersomelette stationfree drinksorder omelettestwo room suitecomplimentary breakfastbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlycoffee makerrock and roll hallbed was very comfortableatriumcleveland
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with other families from my son's Hockey Team for their first tournament. First, I want to address the service at this Embassy Suite. Excellent at the front desk. The reason for my four star rating is LINDA (front desk) who went above and beyond the call of duty to address our concerns and needs in a very affective, professional, and courteous manner. I can't speak highly enough about Linda. I know she will move on to bigger and better things in the future and what a loss that will be to this Embassy Suites.

The bed was a little lumpy and could use some updating. The pull out couch bed our son slept in was extremely uncomfortable with metal bars and springs felt every time you moved due to the thin mattress.

Something that concerns me even more is that the tubs are slippery and my son fell and hurt his tail bone. My husband slipped around the tub when he took his turn in the shower. Finally, I twisted my back when I attempted to prevent falling in the tub. This is a dangerous situation that should have been addressed when they (I am told) "recently redid the tubs". Why were slip guards not applied to the bottom of the tub when they were redone. From the reviews I have read on other Embassy Suites in towns we will stay in the near future, they have the same problem with slippery tubs. Have law suits been filed for things like broken (fractured) bones or hips. If not, they are either paying them off to keep things under wrap or proving that the injury happened at the suite hotel is difficult if an incident report is not filed at the time and a copy going home with the guest. Just be aware that the tubs are slippery and do whatever you can to prevent injuries when staying at this hotel.

It is nice that they have a manager's reception every evening. I have had better at another Embassy Suite hotel in Vienna, Virginia and the nightly rate was cheaper. In Cleveland, they offered some kind of chex mix for a snack (the only one) and limited choices for alcoholic drinks at a make shift bar. In Vienna, VA by contrast, the snacks were great with choices of hot pretzel bits with cheese inside, a variety of fresh fruits, fresh veggies with dip, chips and salsa and a candy bar. There were also soda pop dispensers along with juice dispensers and a real bar was there for those who chose to take advantage of the two free drinks per guest. A far cry from the meager offerings at the Cleveland Suites.

On the plus side, the location was great with a variety of places to eat nearby as well as malls, shopping centers, and grocery stores.

Submitted by Jocee

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators and if possible away from groups traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Josephine S
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We traveled with a group over Thanksgiving. The staff was extremely helpful and eager to assist. Ted at the desk made check-in a breeze helped us out without any problem. The breakfast buffet was top notch. The parents and kids loved the made to order omlettes!
We all agreed the layout with the atrium in the center was perfect. The only concern was lack of vending machines. I would certainly stay there again with a group or while traveling independently.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I know Ted will be happy to hear them! Holiday travel is always hectic so I am glad we made your stay with us enjoyable!
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed here last summer with 2 adults, 2 children. This is probably about the best Embassy Suites we have been too. Clean, failrly new, great staff, good size rooms and good food, excellent breakfast, large atrium, free parking, easy access to downtown, local restaurants. Great value for the money although we used a reward stay. Would stay again without reservation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. The team here works hard to provide an excellent expirience for our guests and we really appreciate it when someone like you lets us know!! Thank you for taking the time to share!
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I loved the layout of this hotel with it's fountain and large atrium area. This is the typical style of Embassy Suites, but this one was particularly spacious and pretty. The bed was quite comfy. Unfortunately, I had a number of small problems with my two rooms (had to be moved) The toilet didn't work properly, the remote control batteries were low, and the light switch didn't work. Additionally, the heat was not working properly in the conference room. The staff was quite helpful and took care of everything, but I nevertheless have to knock them down a point for having so many of these types of problems. Maybe it was dumb luck...or maybe the hotel needs to improve its operations.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland Rockside, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for the kind words about the staff being so helpful and responsive. i am sorry for the problems you noted and your understanding was much appreciated. we do try to stay on top of things and yet sometimes we encounter a few equipment failures so to speak. TV remotes that dont work right are very annoying i would agree! Thank you for taking the time to write and despite the problems your review was still very positive and we hope to see you again!
Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Initially I was scheduled to stay in the Embassy Suites downtown location. I knew that I wanted to stay at an Embassy Suites as a result f the great "free" breakfast. I chose the downtown location because it was cheaper than the airport location but I ended up changing my plans and staying at the airport location because it had a complimentary shuttle service. I was impressed with the organization because when I called to cancel although I was past the time when I could change without a fee. The helpful staff at the downtown location allowed me to change my reservations without a fee.

From the time of my airport pick-up, the the staff was super friendly and helpful. Check-in was smooth and quick.

My room was comfortable and spacious - I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you on behalf of BOTH Embassy Hotels! It is wonderful to hear that the staff was so friendly! There are many very nice hotels out there and a friendly staff really makes a difference! Thank you for staying with us!