Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Parish, NY
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

After reading some of the reviews on this site, I was somewhat afraid to stay here. However, my husband and I were very impressed by our room. The beds were exceptional; very comfortable!! Our room was on the first floor located close to the pool and the fitness center which was a plus for me. I was impressed by the size of the pool and how is located inside but is situated so you can see outside. We felt the breakfast buffet was affordable with a nice selection of food and beverages. We were treated very well by all the staff we interacted with during our stay. We will stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: I would think a room away from the highway would be a better choice.
Green Features: They had paperwork in the rooms on how you could help the environment by choosing how often to change linens, etc.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Murphyavril:
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.
Joe Isernia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I spent 4 days at this hotel in March. The staff was very good especially on the club floor. The restaurant while OK, needs some help to be on par with the rest of the hotel. The bar is small but has a good staff and a good selection.
The place is set up for business meetings and conventions and several smaller business groups were present during my visit. I was concerned about noise before I checked in because of the hotels proximity to the freeway but it was not an issue.
The desk staff was helpful and efficient as you would expect. The layout of this hotel is unusual. All the parking is in the back far from the front desk so check in before you park.

Room Tip: Do not park before you check in. Parking is far from the front desk.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Tim K:
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Each survey we receive is reviewed and shared with every associate in an effort to improve the service and accommodations that we provide our guests. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I spent 6 nights in the hotel on business and it is by far the worst Crowne Plaza I have ever stayed in. The parking was very bad. The front desk staff were not pleasant. There was some type of event going on and the hotel was filled with teenage boys that ran the halls yelling and screaming most of the night. Calls to the front desk about this did nothing. At one point the boys were playing street hockey in the hallway. I am a Platinum rewards member and this hotel does not meet the quality and standards I am used to. The only helpful and pleasant people I encountered the entire week was the restaurant staff

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James R
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
James,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Your feedback helps us to continue improving the service that we provide. Thank you for your kind words about the Aura service team. I am deeply regretful that the remainder of your stay was not equally as pleasant. Please know that we will use your feedback as a training tool with our reception team to ensure that they regain the high level of service that we are so proud of providing. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Another case where looks can be deceiving. The hotel is not in horrible shape, the rooms are large, and the staff is very friendly. However, when I got to my room, I found the toilet was clogged up. I called the front desk and told them. After 20 minutes I call the front desk again to find out where someone was to fix the toilet. I was told that the maintenance person was busy closing down the pool and I have to wait for him to finish doing that before he could come up and fix the toilet problem. When he showed up, I asked him why cleaning the pool was a bigger priority than a guest to couldn't uses toilet and he wouldn't even talk to me. He unclog the toilet, although it smells like feces in this room now, and told me he would send the manager up. Still waiting for the manager 20 minutes later. If I had the ability and the room wasn't prepaid I would check out and go anywhere. I also posted a picture of one of the many ladybugs crawling all over my bathroom. To sum it all up, this place is not clean, the staff doesn't seem to care about hygiene, and I'm frankly very nervous about sleeping here tonight.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank MarkECubFan
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Mark,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased that our General Manager had a chance to speak with you during your visit and address the items you detail here. As he communicated with you, we will speak with our team to ensure that they are responding to these situations in the rapid fashion that we expect. It was a pleasure having a chance to speak with you myself after your departure to ensure that we were able to ensure your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back during your upcoming trips to the Cleveland area so we can provide you with the exceptional experience you deserve. Please reach out to me directly if I may be of assistance with any future reservations, or if I can assist you in updating your review to reflect the full extent of your experience with us.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our room request was not considered in our room assignment. When we pointed it out the change was made but the check in clerk said not one word to us the whole time...not Oh I'm sorry or Oh I'll fix that right away. Nothing. Poor first impression. Then when we got to our room we were surprised by how small it was. And then we looked in the bathroom. Surprise!!! I had to step between the sink and toilet to close the door, there were rust stains in the tub and black hairs
everywhere. Yuck We have stayed in other Crowne Plaza Hotels and this was the worst. This is not the top notch luxury I'd expect from Crowne Plaza. Not even close.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jean L
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Jean,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please accept my apologies that your room request was not initially provided to you. Please know that we will use your feedback as a training opportunity with our reception team to ensure that they are providing the high quality service we expect of ourselves. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the quality or cleanliness of the room you received. We will continue to monitor the quality and service that we are providing and take opportunities to improve. I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back and provide the exceptional service that you should expect.
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

When you stay at a CP, i have a standard in mind. They did provide high standard customer service.
This is a converted older facility and the staff is great....but you should be a little prepared if planning to stay here.
The parking is very awkward. You HAVE to manipulate stairs.
So after you find a park, then drive back up because at this point you realize it's to far to walk back to lobby. Get back in car drive back and find a place to park. Then the stairs.
The elevator is also a distance from the entrance.
I would not recommend you stay if you have more then one carry on type bag or a disability.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel46804
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible experience and your feedback helps us to improve. I am pleased that the service that was provided was to the high level that you expect. I regret that you found the layout of the hotel to be difficult to navigate. We can certainly appreciate your eagerness to quickly get from your car to your comfortable room. Please know that we are always available to assist you in making this process easier. I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Portfolio Reputation Manager | Crowne Plaza Cleveland South
Cheswick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful design, huge rooms but TINY bathroom! There is way too much wasted space in the guest room which could be used to make the bathroom a little larger. No fridge or micro in the room, a bit disappointed. Staff very friendly.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear yogamama522:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.