Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Syracuse
“Good stay”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Clean hotel, good sized rooms, nice pool and fitness area. Good lounge and plenty of parking. Very friendly staff and helpful. Nice breakfast. Went with kids and they loved it. Quiet. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Carolyn,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Cleveland South Independence as your hotel of choice during your last visit to Cleveland. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your room, with all of its distinctive amenities. . We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Portfolio Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at 3 other Crown Plaza Hotels in the past year. This hotel is by far no where near the standard of quality you will receive at a "real" Crown Plaza Hotel. The only plus to this hotel is the easy access to I77 and wendys. *Breakfast* is delicous if you like school lunches. I have never seen a hotel with gloomy lights and a smell of musk in the hallways with drunk people around every turn. I should of listen to the reviews on tripadvisor.com instead of trusting the name of the hotel. Avoid!!!

Room Tip: This hotel need to close or remodel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Chadd N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I hope to have a chance to speak with you about your stay and gather some more information about breakfast and other ways that we can further improve. Please know that we are constantly working to improve the guest experience by refreshing rooms and continuing training with our staff. Please reach out to me directly with any additional feedback. I look forward to a chance to speak with you and welcome you back again.
313-253-4344
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We like the location, price, staff and hotel very much. However the only thing about our particular room is it was not as clean as the first time that we stayed there in May 2013. Like I said earlier we will be returning to Crown plaza Rockside road Independence Ohio. Mainly because of the friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Emily D, Poftfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
CamD71,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. In particular we will make sure to let Victor and Khalid know that you thought highly of them. I regret that you did not find your room to be as fresh as it was on your earlier visit. We will use your comment as a training opportunity and continue to monitor the quality in service we are providing to our guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the fall. Please reach out to me directly if you need any assistance with your upcoming reservations.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for one night to attend a wedding taking place at the hotel and I was not very pleased to find that I had a damaged door to the bathroom in my hotel room that wouldn't close. I didn't bother to request another room because we arrived late and needed somewhere to get ready for the wedding in a hurry plus we were only staying until the following morning. The hotel as a whole did need some updates around every corner i turned. The service was good. The food prepared for the wedding was great but I never tried the food in the bar/restaurant. Since we only paid $89 plus taxes I would rate it an "ok" stay.

Room Tip: Room 535 was far from elevator towards the back of hotel but very quiet on this end.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manger at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
babywomangirl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about the hotel. I am pleased that you were able to join us for such a special occasion and that you enjoyed the wedding and the food that was served. I regret that the bathroom door in your room was not closing properly; we will repair this immediately. We are consistently working on improving the experiences of our guests and we are working to refresh the hotel. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. If possible, please contact me directly so I have an opportunity to follow up on your experiences. I look forward to a chance to welcome you back.
313-253-4344
Northwood, Ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here so we could go to a Cleveland Indians baseball game. The hotel was good. The room was good. Everything was clean. The staff was friendly. We saw a housekeeper as we were leaving to go to the game and when we saw the same lady the next day, she remembered we were going to the game and asked us all about it.

We went to the pool in the morning before we left. The hot tub was nice, the pool was a little on the cool side, but was kind of neat (being round and out in a room by itself).

We would stay here again if the price was right. We booked this hotel through priceline.com name your price and got it for about $75 while on the hotel website it was going for about $150 (as was almost every other hotel in the entire Cleveland area).

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
ohnostargazer,
I am pleased that you were able to join the tribe and stay with us to visit the Indians game! Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about your recent visit. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We will use your comments about the temperature of the pool to monitor it and ensure it is comfortable for all of our guests. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
washington dc
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 1 night in 2 rooms. When we booked they told us we would be in adjoining rooms but when we got there that wasn't the case. We were put in 2 rooms right next to each other. I wasn't pleased with this because my 15 yr old son brought 2 friends with him so my husband had to stay in the room with them. The manager did apologize and gave us $40 off breakfast for 6 of us. That helped but when you are told no problem about the rooms being together and get in late to find out different...It just makes you mad.
The rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. The hotel was full we stayed on bottom floor and it was quiet. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool(the outside one was not open yet.
The maids were really friendly.
This hotel is great to stay at if you are going to a Indians baseball game. The downtown stadium is very close to the hotel(15 min tops). I would stay here again but not count on adjoining rooms.

Room Tip: bottom floor no street noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
ninfrtr,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. Please be aware that the outdoor pool is closed indefinitely. I am pleased that your family enjoyed the guest rooms, breakfast, and indoor pool while you were with us. Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff; we will share your comments with our team. I regret that there were not connecting rooms available for this visit, but am pleased that we were able to accommodate you with adjoining rooms. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Should you have any additional reflections or need to make any specific requests for your upcoming visit please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a pleasant stay during the Memorial Day weekend. Hotel location is very convenient. Not far from the downtown attraction yet very quiet neighborhood surrounded by plenty of fast food chains and restaurants. Hotel is very clean and really loved the comfy bed. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Though it has free firewireless, one need to log at every session and that is kind of nagging. Brea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Naturelover303,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for Memorial Day weekend and that our location was convenient for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. Please know that there are a number of rates that are inclusive of breakfast for your next visit. I appreciate that you mentioned the hard work of our housekeeping team and the friendliness of our staff; we will be sure to share your comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.