“Re: Stay away!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Re: Stay away!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very rude staff. I requested one room type and was offered another upon my arrival, despite confirming it over the phone the day prior. Victor at the front desk was being very rude and unhelpful. I asked for the general manager. His name is Joe and turned out to be even more rude. He also told me he had never had a complaint about Victor in the past, I find that hard to believe, and that he basically didn't believe me. I have never dealt with such rude hotel staff before so I decided to leave and Joe basically showed me where the door was. He didn't care because my reservation was pre-paid. I asked for a refund which was denied so I had to contact my bank and dispute the charge. I left and will never go back there. Stay away from this hotel. Also, I didn't actually get to see the rooms, but the lobby area looked very dull and not the cleanest, and it is my understanding this hotel is only a few years old so quite shocking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrowneManagement, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Abdullah,

We pride ourselves on impeccable service and your feedback is an imperative tool for us to continue improving. I regret that you were not able to stay with us for this visit and I welcome a chance to speak about the experience you did have. Should you have any additional reflections or need assistance with an upcoming reservation please feel free to reach out to me directly. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you in soon.

Enjoy today!
Emily P Dailey
Portfolio Reputation Manager
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Of all the options in Independence Hotel wise this is the best for the dollar. Rooms are very clean and much better than the Holiday Inn. The 5th floor Concierge level is great for breakfast and a happy hour is just as nice. Overall the rooms and the accomodations far exceed the money to stay at the Crowne Plaza

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear BobBell80:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely lovely hotel. Spotlessly clean. Lovely bathroom, excellent facilities. The indoor pool is awesome. We had dinner in the adjoining Bistro. Aura. The food was delicious and the hostess Patricia was a treasure. So polite, helpful and friendly. We spent 18 days touring America from the West Coast to the East Coast, this was easily the best hotel we stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear foogiedew:
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Cleveland South Independence as your hotel of choice during your last visit to Cleveland. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your room, with all of its distinctive amenities. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. At the Crowne Plaza Cleveland South we truly believe that service should be provided from the heart and with only one purpose in mind, to create memorable moments for you and the ones you love. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Cleveland South when your travels next bring you to Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. The beds were very comfortable with enough pillows and towels. We also enjoyed the indoor swimming pool where towels are provided on each chair and table on the pool side.
Unfortunately, our 4-year-old son has got a febrile seizure and we had to call an ambulance, but the hotel clerk kindly extended our check-out time to 2pm with free of charge.
Thank you, Crowne Plaza Hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear hokkaido:
Alachua, FL
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza on several different occasions, most recently in May of 2013. It seems to be an older hotel but it appears to have had upgrades. It's not 5-star by any stretch but it is a decent lodging value in the Cleveland area. The I-77/Rockside Road interchange area is convenient and it is great in that there are a ton of great places to eat nearby.

The hotel itself is, as I said, decent. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Suggestion: When checking in, ask for a room on the west side of the building away from the interstate. My room was on the east side and highway noise is pretty substantial (I travel with earplugs for such instances).

Probably the best part of the Crowne Plaza is their people. I have noticed before that their front desk personnel are top-shelf and this visit was no exception. As with any business, good service can make or break a business and the people here certainly MAKE it. So kudos to Crowne Plaza for their people.

One last tip: Try Priceline at 3-1/2 stars for a good deal on a room here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear SharpestJim:
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of my son's basketball team. It was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were larger than expected (probably because the hotel is older). The bathroom was very small. The room decor was very nice. The pool was nice but the hot tub was not hot. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool but it wasn't open. Service was good. The sheets were very stiff and not soft. Great location in Independence.

• Stayed April 2013
CrowneManagement, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear SFKids:
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We try to make everyone’s visit a “Home away from Home” by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service and the best of amenities.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would really give this hotel 3 1/2 stars if it was available. Very good is an overstatement!
I was there for a seminar, so the rates were very good and the hotel was packed.
The hotel staff were very obliging and collected us from the airport as well as took as to nearby places - it is in the middle of nowhere, pretty much, so this was not a resort kind of place. This was for business!
Because I am a rewards member, I got a room on the top (5th) floor - nice rooms and service during weekdays in the morning and late afternoon in a small area, with a mini business centre. Something like a VIP lounge for breakfast and even a drink in the evening, which is nice.
All was looking great till I went to bed - I was on the side next to the road - and it was NOISY! Even 5 floors up, the traffic was going well past midnight and started around 5 pm, so that was my sleep, no matter what I did. It made all the sleep aids they provided useless.
All the meals were provided by the seminar I attended, and it was pretty good (it was sponsored)

All in all, great value for my purpose in terms of cost, and if you find yourself there for business, ask for a quite room on the opposite site of the main road - I think that was Rockside Rd

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room away from the main road - I think that was Rockside. Do that with your booking.