“Terrific value”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Toronto, ON
“Terrific value”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Booked a few weeks in advance and got the best rate around Cleveland. Hotel is just off the highway and only minutes from downtown Cleveland. The property is clean and quiet and breakfast is exceptional with make-your-own waffles, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, toasts, etc. The only drawbacks are the old 27-inch non-LCD TV, and no complimentary newspaper. Overall we are extremely pleased with our stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I was traveling on business, and my associate recommended that I stay in the Doubletree or the Holiday Inn in Independence. When I got to the Holiday Inn, I thought "Ewww!" It was old and tired-looking, as so many Holiday Inns are. When I found out the rooms were $130, I walked. The Doubletree was $120. My nonprofit organization just can't afford that! I saw the La Quinta, and decided to stop in and check. It's a cheaper hotel, but - hey - it's a LOT cheaper! $65/night, and it was very nice - extremely clean, quiet, complimentary continental breakfast with waffles, etc. I was very pleased. My only complaint would be that the water pressure in the shower was very low, and that's difficult for me because I have very long, thick hair. It took me FOREVER to shampoo and rinse. Otherwise it was a great deal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed here over the holidays. We always travel with our dog and this place is pet friendly without charging an extra $100 pet fee. The lobby and rooms were clean. I have now gotten into the habit of checking mattresses in hotels for bedbugs as the little buggers have been making a comeback recently. The mattress at this place looked brand new and no sign of any bugs. The main part of the room was clean and updated. The toilet/shower room looked a little tired and could benefit from remodeling. The large well-lit vanity area was separate from the shower/toilet and it was nice and spacious.
Continental breakfast was included in the price of the stay which made it a really good value. We have stayed at the Sheraton next door for twice the price and no breakfast was included.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
liverpool, PA USA
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Stayed here at half the price of the podiatry conference hotel at bottom of hill. Allowed check-in at 7AM, after told of my driving all night from Harrisburg, PA. Well prepared room was two double beds, comfortable and firm mattress, 6 pillows, large TV, iron and ironing board, coffee maker. Free, fast, wireless Internet, connected automatically on my MacBook. Free breakfast included hot+cold cereals, DIY waffles, pastries, juices,tea, hot chocolate, coffees, yogurt, boiled eggs, etc. in clean dining room with TV ( or read news from internet on your laptop). Desk staff polite and helpful. Quiet since top of hill from main road yet right at interstate interchange.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
glorious Midwest
Reviewed April 9, 2008

We booked a double-bed room for an early morning medical appointment (just down the road from Cleveland Clinic). It was basic, the way I remember old Holiday Inn rooms. The kind of place where you get one pillow per person, no extra blanket stored in a closet or drawer. However, it was clean and safe, which is all we needed. The front desk area had a loud playing TV into the evening, yet the soundproofing is decent enough that it didn't bother us. The continental breakfast is modest, but if you need just a bagel or danish or yogurt, it's all right.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank farmerchic
phil
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Excellent hotel - great rates, extremely close to Cleveland if you're going there but far enough away from any not so nice areas, the staff was friendly, the room was bright and clean, Cleveland Plain Dealer at your door (even if your not from here, come on, we've all read enough McPapers), good selection at breakfast including wonderful waffles.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank phltrvl
Temperance, Michigan
Reviewed October 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of October 13 & 14, 2007. This hotel used to be called The Baymont Inn.
The rooms were very nice and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. We were exhibitors at a cat show in the next town and this hotel is pet friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I am in the area. I really like this hotel.

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Deborah 0729
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence
Comfort Inn Independence
Comfort Inn Independence
#12 of 14 in Independence
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Independence
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland-Independence
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia

Been to La Quinta Inn Cleveland Independence? Share your experiences!