I was in the Cleveland area for a conference in July 2010. Rooms in the downtown area were $100+ per night. I picked this room up for $38 per night on Priceline for 3 nights. Fantastic value. This is a 3 star room, and it is rated about right, nothing more or less.
The check-in was fine, no problems at all. We were assigned a room with two double beds, and a 42 inch LG plasma television. There are plenty of outlets, and plugs for your laptop or ipod. Very impressive. There is a couch that gives the room a bit of a suite feel. Everything is very clean. Internet access was FINE, even though we had very low signal I was getting 600k-900k down on average, and over 1mbps UP.. Internet access is free, and this is a great reason to stay here. Parking is also free.
There is a free continental breakfast which is exactly that, continental. Cold and hot cereal, fruit, and yogurt. You can order eggs or hot dishes, I didn't bother with that.
The area of the hotel is pretty good, right near a couple nice suburbs, and in the middle of some good restaurants and a mall. This area is MUCH nicer than staying near downtown cleveland.
My only gripe would be that only 1 elevator was working, we decided to hike up the stairs instead of waiting like 10 ways to take the elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new kind of hotel that puts style, innovation and The Hyatt Touch within your reach. Here you'll find a 42" Plasma HDTV in each of our newly refreshed guest rooms featuring our Hyatt Grand Bed. Also included with each stay is our complimentary AM Kitchen Skillet breakfast as well as complmentary Wi-Fi and complimentary parking. Freshly prepared food is available 24/7 in our Guest Kitchen. Or if you prefer to dine in the comforts of your room, we offer room service from 11 AM until 11 PM. You can start and end your day at our Coffee to Cocktails Bar where we proudly brew Starbucks coffee drinks as well as serve select beer wine and mixed drinks. We are located 12.4 miles east of Cleveland Hopkins Airport and 9 miles south of downtown Cleveland. Come see why Hyatt Place is a hotel built around you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence Hotel Independence
- Hyatt Place Independence
- Hyatt Independence
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence Ohio