Checked in last night using their automatic check-in kiosk at the entrance. Very user friendly....just have to use the same credit card used with reservation and guest information is called up, including requests (in my case a higher floor). Sure enough the kiosk spits out a key card for a room on the top floor (6th)....no hassles at all!
Room is like a small bachelor apartment (average sized in New York!!!)
Very attractive and comfortable....large flat screen TV (c'mon all hotels should have these at this point!) that swivels between the sitting area and the semi-separated bedroom. Like the sink vanity seperate from the shower/toilet...hate fighting the after-shower steam for shaving!!!
Good breakfast provided included in room rate served in the very attractive "gallery" lobby area. This area is like a semi-funky lounge with comfy chairs, sofas and small bar that serves drinks and ready made snacks (salads, sandwiches, cookies etc.)
Breakfast was standard, but layed out attractively and provided hot and cold cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit (melon, pineapple, grapefuit) all well supplied. Surprisingly not overly busy at 8:30am considering the hotel seemed fairly full judging by the parking lot. Hotel also had a small indoor pool and a limited fitness room. Equipment was 2 treadmills, a very noisy elliptical, recumbent bike and a weight station....not great but did the job.
All in all, great choice (and the selection is huge as every chain is represented in the immediate area!!) and the rate was much more competitive...important in this economic climate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new kind of hotel that puts style, innovation and The Hyatt Touch within your reach. Here you'll find a 42" Plasma HDTV in each of our newly refreshed guest rooms featuring our Hyatt Grand Bed. Also included with each stay is our complimentary AM Kitchen Skillet breakfast as well as complmentary Wi-Fi and complimentary parking. Freshly prepared food is available 24/7 in our Guest Kitchen. Or if you prefer to dine in the comforts of your room, we offer room service from 11 AM until 11 PM. You can start and end your day at our Coffee to Cocktails Bar where we proudly brew Starbucks coffee drinks as well as serve select beer wine and mixed drinks. We are located 12.4 miles east of Cleveland Hopkins Airport and 9 miles south of downtown Cleveland. Come see why Hyatt Place is a hotel built around you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence Hotel Independence
- Hyatt Place Independence
- Hyatt Independence
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence Ohio