“I wish I could stay every night on the road here!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GreenLeadersGold level
Dayton, Ohio
“I wish I could stay every night on the road here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

From the entrance to the property to check out, everything was just the way you would expect. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was delishous. The coffee was good and check out was a breeze. The only thing I would ask is if there was some way to keep the TV turned toward the bed.

Great nights sleep and left very refreshed!

Room Tip: Mine was on the ground floor and I never heard anything all night.
Green Features: Just a great place to stay! I know the windows are very good because you can't hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here with another couple because they had a show not too far from there and we were immediately greeted by front desk staff. The rooms were clean and the breakfast the next morning was nice. If I'm in the area, I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dellroy, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I decided to getaway for the weekend and we chose Hyatt for the indoor pool. We were not disappointed, the pool was clean and fairly large as hotel pools go. The room was very clean and very pleasing to the eye. All the employees were very nice and helpful. We had the room with a king bed and small living area. Breakfast was free with the room and there was a nice choice of items.We paid 138 for the one night. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis A
Everywhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Place Cleveland. Check-in was quick and the room was large. The king suite had a king bed and large couch. One TV, maybe 32 or 40 inches that can swivel toward either the bed or the couch area. There was a small fridge, but no microwave. Bed was too soft for my liking. The bathroom area was small and the fan in the bathroom was deafening...seriously...it was very loud, and so was the air conditioner. There is no in-room safe. The wifi worked well. Breakfast was delish. We really enjoyed the skillet sandwiches and the waffles/French toast. There was also fresh fruit, oatmeal, donuts, yogurt, fruit cocktail and a variety of breads. We were there over memorial day weekend and the hotel was full, but we always found seating during breakfast. We got a great deal through Costco for $89 per night, but what we didn't like is the $25 per night incidental charge. According to the front desk, we will be refunded the charge on our credit card within 5-7 days. Parking was plentiful. There is also a indoor pool, but we did not utilize it. There is also a microwave in the pantry area near reception that is available for use.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Everything was very good. Room was large, immaculate, and nicely decorated. Bed was comfy.
Two different breakfast skillets offered - ham and cheddar or spinach, mushroom and mozzarella.
Lots of other selections. Yes, the bathroom door comes very close to the toilet but it's not a problem. Shower water pressure was excellent. Right off the highway a little south of the city. Rockside corners shopping mall .7 east of the highway has literally 10 different places to eat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Steubenville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was in town on business and this was a convenient location to my office. Check in was fast. Room was clean and well kept. Air conditioning unit was a bit loud.
Breakfast was good. Great selection of hot and cold items.
The main breakfast area was packed- hotel was booked the week I visited- so it was difficult to find a space to eat. I ended up in my room.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to cut down on the overhead noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Clear Lake, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Easier to present this way
1. Pool was closed for repairs chose this hotel for pool. Here 4 nights need exercise
2. Found used bar of soap and empty shampoo bottle in shower. Took to front desk they just took it and gave me new, no offer to clean or change rooms
3. Older hotel lobby looks great rooms are dated with light cosmetic touch. NOT HYATT STYLE
4. Party in room next door finally called desk at 1 AM. Ralph said, per his assistant manager, he couldn't do anything unless a guest complained. So I did 45 minutes later no change. Called desk and ask if I should call police and Ralph said was up to me that they couldn't do any more about the noise
5 tv supposed to swivel between bedroom and sitting area. Ours would not. Reported and was told that maintenance would take care of. They did not

Here for memorial service. Needed sleep in nice hotel that would allow us to have our pet with us.
Next time we are here will not stay at this hotel.
Too many others , thought hyatt would be best.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family