“UPSCALE AND CLEAN”

Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel! Breakfast was better than most chains.Room was clean and spacious. Quiet location considering closeness to interstate. Loved the 42 inch tvs and large couches in room . Stayed with team for a volleyball tournament. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank m13638

Reviewed February 2, 2014

At check in you are charged $25 per night for any additional charges you may have for food,movies,drinks,etc. We stayed two nights and my bank card was swiped for two transactions of $50 each- Total- $100 ...It gets better.. after checking my bank account - my card had also been charged $46.82 for what I was told a " end of day authorization". When I called the hotel all they could say was it must have been a computer Glich! Half of the staff live at the hotel. Yes, that's right- they live there. The hotel is under renovations so the guys doing the work live there temporarily but several housekeeping staff and their families live there as well. Many different nationalities and 1/2 do not speak English. That was not my issue, however the Russian girl who swiped my card 5 times at check-in and said I was only charged the one time refundable charge of $50, confirmed my suspicion after I checked my bank account. Shady but nice. Still waiting on my money and explanation!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'd rate this hotel a 2.5. I expected more from a Hyatt Hotel. Bathroom was very small, the floor was dirty and the ceiling above the shower had stains. The sleep area was very small. However, the living room area is large which is good if you're entertaining guests (...I didn't). Also, the staff at the front desk was very friendly. There are quite a few other hotels in the area that I'd try before I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Shawn F, Manager at Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

CHEHILL,

I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than stellar during your recent stay. While I am pleased that our staff was excellent, I was disappointed that your expectations were not met in terms of the guest room.

We are undergoing a renovation right now. While the rooms will not change in dimension or square footage, the rooms definitely appear to be more spacious after they are renovated.

It is our hope that you would choose us next time and see the difference with the renovations.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Checked in Sunday evening of MLK and what a surprise. Kids were running down the hallway all Sunday evening. Finally opened the door and saw four young boys unsupervised and suggested that they shouldn't be running down the hall. I looked the other direction and a posse of kids maybe 10 appeared. I thought where were the parents, I called the operator and she promptly said, she would call their mother. How did she know to call their mother and were all these kids staying in one room?

The room service was fabulous, the drinks from the bar was fantastic, the breakfasts were large, fresh with many selections.

The maids cleaning the rooms were very loud talking in a foreign language, some peoples voices carry and their voices did.

I really never expected a Hyatt Place to be this noisy, I've stayed in many of their hotels across the country and they are all identical. Except this one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Bob M,

I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than great. In terms of the issue with the group of boys, we did have a high school hockey team staying with us that night. I am certain when the host had said she would call the mother that she meant the person in charge of the team. Hopefully all was calm after that first issue. We do our very best to ensure noise in hallways and guest rooms is kept to a minimum and it appears we fell down in that area during your stay.

On a positive note, I am pleased that you enjoyed our food & beverage options including our AM Kitchen Skillet breakfast as well as our delivery menu.

I hope that next time you are in the area you would choose us again. While I can never guarantee a completely quiet night, I would like to believe that your next stay would definitely be a much better experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Well I am not shocked by the service at this hotel, they easily are the best at what they do, considering it is a HYATT PLACE one would think that the full serve Hyatt would be better but not in this city of Cleveland! Room was clean, there was ample furniture and no traces of any stains! The refrigerator was COLD! The phone worked without any buzzing, and the information center on the TV WORKED!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

edog152,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay during your recent trip to Independence. While many of thie things you mentioned seem pretty basic to most people, I understand that sometimes the simplest things can be the most difficult to find.

We hope to see you again and be your hotel of choice next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place for a business trip. Check in was a breeze, the staff is attentive to any requests and the room was a home away from home. Actually it was a suite! Breakfast , (Continental), was beyond the Continental Breakfasts at other hotels I stayed at. On my last evening, I attended the Manger's Party, where beer, wine and appys were complimentary. The Hyatt is my new place of choice when traveling to the Cleveland area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Jeff G,

Thank you for your positive words. I am pleased you enjoyed our Manager's Reception during your stay. We proudly serve up complimentary light bites and select drinks between 5-7 PM on the second Tuesday of every month. Many of our guests use this time for networking and the staff really enjoy connecting with and sharing moments with our guests.

I am also pleased that our staff and our complimentary AM kitchen skillet breakfast exceded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms did not have central heat it was the floor heaters which made alot of noise at night. The hotel supposedly was smoke free and my linens smelled and room smelled like smoke. The staff service was the worst ever with a carefree attitude. Di not stay there you will be disappointed!! First Hyatt I have ever been disappointed with but also the last. Also, would like to add that their Management is not any better. Don't waste your time sharing your feedback.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank polla35

polla35,

I wanted to take a moment to sincerely apologize for any issues you experienced during your stay. We make every effort to make each guest stay as positive as we possibly can. Clearly this did not happen during your recent visit.

It is our hope that you would consider us once again if traveling in this area. I can assure you we would go above and beyond to offer our best.