Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
$63
CrownePlaza.com
$164
$121
Residence Inn
All reviewssectional sofasitting areadonutsyogurthot itemsfree breakfastthe breakfast areadefinitely stay here againmini fridgerockside roadcomfortable roomminute drivecleveland independencestaff was very friendly and helpfulrock and roll halleasy accessresidence inn
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Please DO NOT let the other comments discourage your decision on staying at the Hyatt, Independence location. If there were any issues management must have addressed them with the staff. I stayed at this location 8/3-8/4 to celebrate my niece birthday and here is my opinion on the hotel....

- Hotel Grounds - The upkeep was great, there was nothing out of place and everything was nice and clean. However, there was a fountain outside of the front entrance that was not on and was kind of disappointing as it would have made things "pop" and standout and would have been great for our picture taking. Parking was plentiful and did not pose a problem. Also the pool was fun and the pool hours are great (6am - 10pm)

-Staff- The staff was the best. I was able to check in early and when I arrived the systems has gone down so there was a short delay in wait time but nothing to be upset about. There was only my party and another gentleman that was checking in so there was no long line of people waiting. I cannot remember the young lady name (but our purple nail polish matched ';-p ) she was really nice. Then we have the getlman Shawn...he is awesome, nice, and funny and there was another young lady (I'm sorry I can't remember her name) but they were helpful with a "coincendental" matter of another guest with the same name as mine staying there during the time as I.

-The Room- The room was very spacious and the double bed suite confortably accommadated 4 of us. The room was clean and we had #106 which was away from any main noise. The couch is VERY comfy and huge, 3 teens and myself took a nap on this couch at once. Although this does have a pull out bed, I did not use it during our stay I just slept on the couch and let the teens have the beds. Large TV (I think 50") that can be viewed from both the bedroom and the living room area. The only problems I had was the fridge did not get cold at all, it was no big deal because we only had a gallon of juice that was going in it. Also the light/vent in the bathroom was very loud when on, again no big deal to complain about since we would only have to hear it when were using the bathroom and it would not be a disturbance otherwise.

-Room Service/Gallery Cafe/Breakfast- We ordered wings (garlic and BBQ) and onion rings through room service and it came in a timely manner. The wings were good but I will say that they could have been cooked a little longer and could have used more garlic flavoring. The onion rings were out of the microwave and lacked flavor which disappointed me a bit. My husband came by to visit us gals and ordered a Bacon Cheddar burger from the cafe and he loved it and it was a nice size (And he never likes hotel food). Now here comes the breakfast......DELISH!! There was a great variety of items such as breakfast sandwiches, waffles, bagels, toast, english muffins, mini muffins, donuts, mixed fruit, whole fruit, cottage cheese, oatmeal (with all the fixings), yogurt, and cereal as well as plenty of carafes of milk, orange juice, apple juice, and coffee. Nothing ran out...the staff styed on board and stocked anything that was getting low.

-Overall- I have stayed in many hotels locally, in different states, and in other countries and the Hyatt is now on my list of places to stay. This was one of the smaller locations and that gave it a more intimate feel and nice personal relationship with the staff. Also it was $70-$110 cheaper then the other hotels I found in that area and in the Beachwood, OH area. I hope this helps and I am willing to provide more but this was getting really long :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel met our needs for a 5 night stay. We were originally placed in a room across from the elevator but with a little pleading at the front desk we were placed in much quieter room down the hall. Rooms are spacious with standard Hyatt Place arrangement. Good sized living room area and wet bar. Appreciated the wifi. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was creative with egg dishes that changed daily and were all tasty. Front desk staff was extremely helpful with restaurant suggestions and even pulled out a 10% coupon for us!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Through the help of a friend, I was able to stay at the Hyatt during my 5-day stay in Cleveland. I was really impressed with the service, the room and appliances, the breakfasts... Actually, the breakfasts were phenomenal - something different and unique every day. Everyone in the staff was very friendly and polite. The bed was super comfortable, and the TV was huge (at least to me). I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have stayed at this Hyatt on several previous occasions and always enjoyed it. The rooms are good, the pool excellent, and the breakfasts excellent value. So it is disappointing to report that our room was damp (was it the room referred to in a previous review by Michelle W, I wonder?), the reception staff were polite but couldn't do much when we pointed this out, both at check-in and check-out. We received an apology from the manager once I had filled out the follow-up questionnaire from Hyatt, but it was pretty much 'pro forma' and did little to entice us back. The hotel industry is about service, and a little personal attention goes a long way. Contrast Drury with Hyatt, and you'll know what I mean.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor - that's where the damp seems to be.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Thank twoteachersSt.Louis
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a soccer tournament. All together we had 21 rooms in our party. Our room was nice, but the toilet over flowed while the staff was cleaning the room. She had to call maintenance to fix it and to steam clean the carpets. Since the hotel was totally booked, they couldn't move us. The carpet was wet the entire rest of the stay. Room was nice, beds were comfortable. Also, you were not able to tell the differences in the rooms on the web site. Some of our rooms were HUGE, and others were just normal doubles with couchs. Not sure how they were broken down. Elevators were super slow. Breakfast was AWESOME.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family