“Good option for Cleveland stay”

Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GreenLeadersGold level
Seoul, South Korea
“Good option for Cleveland stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the Hyatt Place. Clean, well decorated room with 2 full sized beds and a separate room with a pull out couch ~ accommodated my family with 3 teens without having to get a second hotel room. Great value -- will definitely stay here again if I have to travel to Cleveland to see family and friends.

Pros: size to accommodate family of 5, hot breakfast included, indoor pool, no highway noise heard despite being next to a major highway; hotel is close to downtown Cleveland, can be reached in about 15-20 minutes
Cons: bathroom is small

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceManagement, Manager at Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
GarFamily,

Thank you very much for your review of Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the amenities available at our property.

We hope next time you are in the Cleveland area you will choose our location again. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Our start was a rude comment from the person who check us in. The room was dirty, the mattress on the pull out was stained all the way through, we called down for more covers. The flea in the room finished us. Overall the hotel seemed 20 plus years old.

• Stayed June 2013
Shawn F, Manager at Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Jeanette C

I wanted to take a moment to sincerely apologize for any issues you had during your stay at our property. We pride ourselves on our staff and their interaction with our guests and clearly that did not happen during your stay.
I also sincerely apologize for any issues with the building not seeming up-to-date or well maintained. These comments will be shared with our maintenance and housekeeping staff as well as the staff as a whole.
We hope that next time you are in the area you would consider choosing us again so you can get the real Hyatt Place experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We cashed in some Hyatt Points to stay here and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very cozy, there was a lounge type area with a big couch in addition to the comfy king bed and nice flat screen. Being able to relax on the couch made it seem more like home except with more peace and quiet. The staff was very friendly and even recommended some local eating establishments. My wife expected a little more with the breakfast it was basically a glorified continental breakfast but for a free stay I thought it was fine. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
HyattPlaceManagement, Manager at Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Johnandmiki

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I did want to take a moment to apologize for any issues with the breakfast. It is our hope that if you are in the area again you would choose to stay at our property.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on the road from Cedar Point to NYC and was really happy with it. Relatively cheap and quality of room and bed much better than what I got at similar Marriott- and Hilton-properties. Interior actually quite stylish and rather modern for this type of US-motel. Only gripe was that disgusting old plastic shower curtain and the signage to e property from the road, it was so tiny, I missed it twice during my arrival in the middle of the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
sydneyberlin

Thank you very much for your review of or hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I understand your frustration about the signage to the hotel and I apologize that it was difficult for you to find.

I also wanted to sincerely apologize for the shower liner. These comments will be shared with the staff as a whole and the shower liner comment will be shared with the housekeeping hosts as this will become a major focus for them to ensure no other guests experience these same issues.

It is our hope that you would choose our property again the next time you are in this neck of the woods.
Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for a night for a short visit to Cleveland Aquarium and Cleveland clinic. Check in was smooth and staff was very friendly. Our room was very spacious and a nice surprise! I booked here because of the extra space and we were traveling with a 4 year old. Sectional couch and living area space was perfect for this! The room was clean and comfortable for our stay. Large TV was nice also and could be rotated to either room. Only complaint was that the bathroom was VERY tiny and pretty much touched the toilet when you closed the door but we weren't there for long so it wasn't an issue. Beds were nice and comfortable!

We lucked out and had the heated pool to ourselves the night we arrived. Breakfast was nice and had a great selection of biscuit sandwiches, cereal and fruit. Hotel is beautifully decorated and was always clean. Enjoyed the free parking also! The hotel is located right off the highway and in a very nice town with several restaurants very close. I wouldn't mind staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Citylove

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that the staff had a positive impact on your stay. We hope to see you again if you are in the area in the future.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was such a wonderful hotel in a beautiful and relaxing location and setting. The staff were very attentive and willing to help with any need. Housekeeping was always around and were courteous and would ask several times if there was anything else i needed. The free breakfast was delicious and ample with choices and seating. The rooms were spacious and designed wonderful. If you drive one mile from this location you will find numerous restaurants, convenience stores, nail salons, and more. This was a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2013
NurseMarsha

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay as well as the location of the hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staff as a whole. It is my hope that you would choose us again next time you are in the area.
On The Road
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The strength of this property lies in the staff. The GM is very hands on, out there, and on the front line of his property with his employees. You can tell that there is an internal energy at this property that really energizes the staff, and attracts the top hospitality professional from the local area. There are times that I check in to a hotel and really couldn't tell you any distinctive characteristic about the staff at the front desk - but the employees at this property are top notch, outstanding, and definitely take pride in what they do.

The housekeeping staff is very good, not Excellent. There are some dirty surfaces and corners in the hotel. The weekend that I was there, the property was at or near 100% capacity. Yet, the rooms were services in a timely fashion and left in a satisfactory condition. However, back to the dirty surfaces - one can tell a lot about the overall condition of a hotel by how clean the elevators are..... yes, I said elevators. If the elevators are filthy, you can guess that the hotel itself in need of greater attention to detail. Like I said, the rooms are satisfactory - but they aren't spotless. The mirror in my room had some toothpaste spots from the previous guest. The bedside tables were a little dusty. Don't get me wrong, nothing horrible - but just a little in need of a minute or two more a day to make them 100%.

The breakfast at this property was not what I have become accustomed to being offered at a Hyatt Place. The usual sandwiches weren't offered, but runny eggs, not so warm sausage, and some other forgettable options. I would assume that the change in fare was due to the occupancy the weekend I was there - it's tough to keep individual service items coming at a steady pace with a lobby full of hungry guests. So I'll give them a pass on this one, it wasn't a bad breakfast, just not what I'm used to at Hyatt Place.

The parking at the hotel is great, FREE, and plenty to go around, even on a very crowded weekend.

As I have said in previous reviews - Hyatt Place is a solid home run in it's class of hotels. The rooms are very large, the amenities are consistent, the properties are typically in great shape. Once again, Kudos to Hyatt for leading the industry with such an incredible brand!

Room Tip: You can park in front of or behind the building, so if you like to be able to see your car from your...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
admit_it

Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am ecstatic to see that our staff had such a positive impact on your stay. We are very proud of the staff we have and your review echoes those sentiments.

I did want to take a moment to sincerely apologize for any issues with the housekeeping. (i.e. the toothpaste spots and dusty tables) These comments help us better focus on areas of concentration for our housekeeping hosts.

In terms of the breakfast offerings, Hyatt Place has changed up the kitchen skillets a little bit. On busy weekends, scrambled eggs and sausage or scrambled eggs with veggies and turkey Canadian bacon have replaced the breakfast sandwiches. Through the week, the skillets still have the delicious breakfast sandwiches you have come to know and love (my personal favorite is the Sunrise Croissant).

I hope you continue to choose Hyatt Place and will come see us again soon next time you are in the area.