“Top notch hotel for business or pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GreenLeadersGold level
Michigan
“Top notch hotel for business or pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hyatt Place is fast becoming my hotel of choice, and this property is right up there with the nicest of them. Clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is plentiful and fresh. The rooms are little suites with all the amenities of home and couldn't be more comfortable. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the expressway was oh so peaceful.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceManagement, Manager at Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
writesabit

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate the two enthusiastic thumbs up. We look forward to hosting you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent Hotel! Loved the free parking for a Hyatt which you hardly ever find! Check In was easy and quick. The gentleman was very friendly. Room was very Clean and was spacious! We enjoyed all the amenities the room had to offer! The bed was amazingly comfortable and the Tv was nice and large! The couch was a nice add but not very comfortable. Bathroom was a bit small (tub and toilet) Needs improvement on ventilation! Towels were soft and they supplied plenty of towels and washcloths! The breakfast was nice with a wide variety of everything! Breakfast was Very crowded for a weekday but we ended up eating in our room anyways! We also ordered the free 24/7 room service! Menu was full of a wide variety of delicious items at a great cost! Did not take long for the food to be delivered. location and area of the hotel was nice. Lots of restaurants and business nearby. We ate at the Delmonicos Steak House next door which I recommend. We would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tiffnshay421,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am also very pleased our staff and room service options made a positive impact on your stay. I will share you comments with the staff as a whole.
Danville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent hotel. Very clean. Friendly staff. One entrance was out of service without warning. Everything else was great. Will definitely stay again. A great value. Valet parking was full and the garage was difficult to navigate. Reasonable price for overnight parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jake L

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staff as a whole. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I got stuck overnight at Cleveland airport due to weather. I reserved through Hyatt at 11pm. I had to wait for my luggage until 12:15am. The shuttle driver still came to pick me up - and was kind and friendly at such a late hour. I had free internet, free shuttle, free breakfast, and the wonderful semi-suite that defines Hyatt Place. The front desk staff were wonderful - both the late night staff and the morning staff.

The kitchen staff at breakfast accommodated by vegan breakfast needs with a wonderful fresh real oatmeal, dried fruits, etc. If you need an emergency night - or an entire month in Cleveland, I highly recommend the Hyatt Place. Compliments to the desk staff who double as shuttle drivers - who do whatever needs to be done for their guests. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: If you do need a full kitchen in your suite (I did not) let the desk know.
FlyingGnomeFarm,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay as well as the food options for breakfast. I will be happy to share your comments with our staff as a whole.
Valparaiso, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'll start with the positive. Free wifi, free parking, and a standard fair (acceptable) free breakfast. But then the bad. I had to change rooms immediately upon check-in because the room they gave me hadn't been totally cleaned (hairy soap, blood stains on bed cover, old newspapers...disgusting Pictures of these attached). I'm glad I only had to stay here one night, because I don't think I could have taken any longer. First off, the building is some rather low quality construction (single wood walls between rooms). This means you get to hear everything going in the room next to you. This includes; every drawer/door open and close, every faucet turn on/off, every toilet flush, bathroom vent etc. Not good. The coffee maker in my room was downright dangerous too...spitting scalding hot water right at you (I'm not kidding). And finally, the maids like to talk at full volume in the hallways right outside your door at 8am. This would be fine if you're gone by then, but if not, beware. I won't be returning.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great hotel, great location. Stayed here on business. Room was fairly clean and quiet, free breakfast was great, and staff was very friendly. Located close to restaurants and a short commute to downtown Cleveland. My only complaint would be the condition of the couch in the room. It was a bit worn, but other than that, everything else was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
North East Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past when we are spending the night in Cleveland for a ball game, the casino, rock and roll hall of fame.....
The rooms have always been clean. The staff is wonderful. The food is good. We indulged in some large cookies when we got back from downtown--chocolate chip and peanut butter cup. They were wonderful and the staff warmed them up for us. Yum.
The only complaint I have is the noisy heating a/c units. It would be nice to update to the quieter units.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple