“Comfortable and Well Maintained”

Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GreenLeadersGold level
boston
“Comfortable and Well Maintained”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is not designed (or priced) as a luxury hotel. However, if you are looking for a spacious, comfortable room in a well maintained hotel the Hyatt Place is a good choice. The staff were uniformly friendly and competent. I don't know how old the hotel is but much of it looks new. The suite setup may be good for some people, but I would have preferred more closet space and larger drawers. The free continental breakfast includes some hot food and fresh fruit. It's not gourmet, but decent. The free internet was fast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank euro727

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is located not far from the highway and it's very easy to drive from there to the city center (they give you a card with directions, but these are easy).
Breakfast was very good - they have warm sandwiches, which are very good. Also there was a big selection of dishes - besides the usual bagles, ham and cheese, there was also cottage cheese, fruit salads and more. Coffee was from Starbuck's.
Parking is free. Wi-fi internet was free and good.
We were 4 adults who stayed in a suite with a king-sized bed and a folding sofa.
The suite is quite small to comfortably accomodate 4 people. The folding sofa was uncomfortable.
The main criticism I have is about the service considering the folding sofa bed. Although we booked the room for 4 people in advance, the sofa bed was not ready for sleeping. There were no pillows, no blanket and no bed linen except for the bed sheet. When we asked for help, they brought simple bed linen which were worse than those which were on the king-size bed. The blanket was thin and it was cold at night. The pillows were uncomfortable. I can't understand why they didn't give same pillows and same standard of bed linen quality as on the king-size bed. The staff who handled it were too indifferent and not so eager to help.
All in all the hotel is OK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Boris S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I usually stay here when I go to Cleveland. It's away from some noise yet not far away from unlimited amount of dining options. The bar and made to order food menu made it a very livable stay if reserving for longer than a couple of days. Hyatt typical modern feel, small breakfast dining area. There's a large space but can get congested near the food area. It was also loud but those are people, not much of the hotels fault.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravelyvo
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. When I come to Cleveland, I like to stay here. Hyatt Place hotels are one of my favorites. I love the rooms, the breakfast, nice staff, clean hotel. They have improved the breakfast since last year which was my only complaint before. Great place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sara N
Marion, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It is very hard to find. It is behind Cleveland Clinic. Check in was very smooth. The elevator was slow and when there were a group of people riding it was very jumpy. Stayed on the sixth floor. Had a room with two double beds. the room was clean an was very large. I would call this a small suite. Set up very much like a Cabaria Suites. The problem I had was in the bathroom. The ceiling was a good foot shorter than the rest of the room. My head was almost touching the ceiling in the shower or so it seemed. Didn't like it at all. Beds were fine. It was very quiet. The breakfast was nice. Had homemade McMuffins and the typical breakfast bar stuff. We paid $92 that's the Cleveland Clinic rate. We went down to check out the pool but it was past 10:00PM and it was closed. Felt very safe staying here. For the money I'd stay here again I think

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tig2811
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We travelled from PA to meet 1/2 way from our grandchildren travelling from Detroit area.
The hotel staff were friendly, helpful, pleasant and gracious. A port-a-crib was in place as requested; the mattress was comfortable; there was plenty of space for the 4 and 2 year old to play. There is a separate sink and bar/refrigerator area as well as a desk area. The couch was actually an "L" shape with a child friendly ottoman that doubled as a low eat area.
The pool is open 7 am to 10 pm and just the right temperature.
Included in the rate was a breakfast with both hot and cold items, fresh fruit and good oj.
The hotel is a short drive/walk to an Applebees and other food choices.
Not far away is a National Park: canal museum and trails to walk or bike and a two hour train ride to Akron.

Room Tip: The hotel is very quiet with no outside noise and a very quiet A/C. We were on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank grammysuesue
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed here twice. The first time dropping off my son at college in August. Being a little teary eyed, I got a big hug from Darrill, one of the staff at this hotel. He helped me through this rough time. I came back to this same hotel in late Sept. when I decided to visit my son. Even though I did not see Darrill, some of the staff still remembered me from the August visit. The breakfast is also fantastic! The Santa Fe breakfast sanwich is delicious, and if you do not like meat, they will cook you one without it! Really enjoyed it here. The room is big and spacious with a huge tv. The desk is helpful for the computer use and the free wi-fi is great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo