Bottom Line: Hyatt Place/Independence provided above-average accommodations for a recent one-night layover. Furnishings were clean and bright, staff was friendly, the amenities we tried (fitness room and free breakfast) met expectations, its location was convenient to both highways and Cleveland, and the tariff ($100/night, excluding taxes) was very fair.
Details: son and I stayed overnight on Sat 8/19/12. Check-in was efficient, and our room contained two comfortable double beds as we expected. This was my first visit to a Hyatt Place, and so the room's nifty layout into separate sleeping and living spaces left me pleasantly surprised. The glassware (instead of plastic cups) provided in the room was another thoughtful and welcome touch.
The fitness room contained a couple of Life Fitness tread mills, one elliptical trainer, and one stationary bike. The equipment was of recent, modern vintage and was in good repair. There were free weights as well.
The free breakfast included tasty breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice (in addition to other stuff, which I made no note of). Breakfast was generous, and I appreciated that the meal didn't feel like an ersatz give-away.
Based on this experience, I will consider returning to other Hyatt Places in the future. In the category of mid-range travelers' hotels, I thought Hyatt Place offered better value than Marriott Courtyard (nice, but no complementary breakfasts) or Residence Inn (pricier). That said, imho Hyatt Place is still one large notch beneath Starwood's Element chain of hotels, my reigning favorite in verve and style in the category of mid-range travelers' hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new kind of hotel that puts style, innovation and The Hyatt Touch within your reach. Here you'll find a 42" Plasma HDTV in each of our newly refreshed guest rooms featuring our Hyatt Grand Bed. Also included with each stay is our complimentary AM Kitchen Skillet breakfast as well as complmentary Wi-Fi and complimentary parking. Freshly prepared food is available 24/7 in our Guest Kitchen. Or if you prefer to dine in the comforts of your room, we offer room service from 11 AM until 11 PM. You can start and end your day at our Coffee to Cocktails Bar where we proudly brew Starbucks coffee drinks as well as serve select beer wine and mixed drinks. We are located 12.4 miles east of Cleveland Hopkins Airport and 9 miles south of downtown Cleveland. Come see why Hyatt Place is a hotel built around you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence Hotel Independence
- Hyatt Place Independence
- Hyatt Independence
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence Ohio