“Hotel Jewel”

Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Independence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed at many Hyatts but this was my first exprience at a Hyatt Place. Rooms were modern, very well furnished, comfortable beds and the staff at this hotel were outgoing, polite and very accomodating. We recommended this hotel to our daughter and she was also very impressed and would stay again when she returns to Cleveland. Great hotel at a reasonable rate and very well located to get to all sides of the Greater Cleveland area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hyatt Place Independence scores pluses for all-night food/beverage service, updated lobby design, and nice staff. At first glance the place looks great. I'm mixed though on the room... furniture in suite area was worn, there was a wet spot on the floor, and the (albeit generous) 42" TV had poor image quality. Counters near bath and sink were nice (granite?), but bathroom itself was tiny w/ very low ceiling and a plastic tub that seemed better suited to a motel. So while I enjoyed parts of the stay, I'm honestly not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Stayed two nights in early June, 2011 with my girlfriend and four friends (3 separate rooms) while in town for a concert. The hotel is great; friendly service, clean, comfortable rooms and bed. The only thing we had an issue with was the television reception. Each room has a nice big HD television that you can swivel to watch from either the couch area or the bed. Unfortunately though, many of the channels were fuzzy or didn't come in at all. The ones that did looked great, but as Murphy's Law would have it, it never failed that whatever we wanted to watch was on one of the channels with poor reception. This is only a minor complaint since we weren't there to watch tv, so it was just a small inconvenience. Everything else about the hotel is wonderful. It is only a 12 minute drive from downtown Cleveland so it was great for cruising into the city our first night and again the following morning. It is also convenient for attending Blossom Music Center, a pleasant 25 minute drive away in Cuyahoga Falls.
They offer a continental breakfast every morning that seemed decent, although I couldn't have anything because of a special diet I was on at the time. It was your basic muffins, cereal, fruit, juice, yogurt, toast type breakfast. I didn't see any eggs or warm dishes, although you can order those things upon request but I imagine that will cost you a little extra.
All in all, my friends and I were very happy with our stay here, and I will definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank RutherfordtheBrave
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed just one night at Hyatt Place and were very surprised at how friendly and helpful the staff was. We were able to check in early and head off to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Upon check in we received a list of local dining places with driving directions which was very helpful. Lobby area was perfect for visiting with friends. Room was spotless and quiet. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsosci
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed one night. Staff at check-in (Daryl) was a real people person. Room was clean and layout was great. Bed was comfortable. Interesting arrangements for good to be available 24/7. Continental breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank sssster
Reviewed May 1, 2011

There is good and bad news here. The bad news first- the room was dirty when we checked in and there was a lot of noise in the hall. Although they have a nice little breakfast bar, trying to get a coffee trip and food was rather difficult. They apparently have a lot of youth teams staying at the hotel and it was tough to get past some hungry teenagers. In addition, the room's AC unit left the floor all around the unit wet and mildewed. The good news is when I told them about the problem, they took one night off the bill. I appreciated that but this Hyatt Place was not what I expected based on my stays at other ones. Also, the wifi worked great all the time so no problem with that.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This was our third stay at this hotel, the first time we've had a problem. Our car was broken into while parked behind te building. I don't blame the hotel for this but wanted to warn others. There were 5 cars broken into between this hotel and the adjacent ones. The police officer who came to take the report said that it happens frequently. Granted, it was my own stupid fault for leaving the kids' DVD player in the car, but having this stuff is so common these days I didn't think about it. Anyway, if you have a GPS, take down the holder and wipe the windshield clean and take it with you. Ditto for anything else of value. The hotel did allow the glass company to use the front overhang to replace my window (it was raining out), and to use their outlet. Otherwise, we had a nice stay here. The staff were very nice, rooms are great, it's a convenient location. My only complaints are that the pool water was freezing (not so on our previous visits) and the WiFi was very spotty (couldn't get it on some parts of the room and it cut out frequently anywhere in the room). Maybe it's better on lower floors, we were on 5.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family