“very pleased”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Independence
Salt Lake City, Utah
“very pleased”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

First time here - but love the look. Have stayed at many Courtyards - a brand that delivers what it advertises. I love a consistent look and feel in brands like this. You know what to expect and you can count on your selection. My room in this Courtyard was a significant, more contemporary style that what I'm used to. And I like it - a lot! Is this a new 'style' for Courtyard? Hope so! The only downside is that the lighting on the desk is marginal. Very friendly staff - smiles are always appreciated! For my purposes, this property had a great location and I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Just stayed here this past week. Was not my first choice, but my other usual hotel was booked.
The hotel underwent a major renovation. The lobby is beautiful with a staarbucks area to order breakfast. Lot's of beautiful seating available. The room was big, done is gourgeous tones of gray. I will stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MyAkitaBear
Perry, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here last October & again just this past weekend. Both times I used my points to stay here and both times were nice. This time, however, was topped by the AMAZING room renovations that this hotel recently did. In October the rooms were slightly dated with blue carpet and older (still nice) furniture. This past weekend the rooms were completely updated. They are so incredibly beautiful, the whole room is light and airy and the furniture is modern. As always, the beds are super comfy and the staff was well mannered and efficient. The rooms were spotless (they were spotless the last time we were there as well) and well stocked with the appropriate amenities. I love staying at this hotel, it's close to downtown, both casinos, & a ton of amazing area restaurants.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with the balconies-they actually allow you to go out onto the balconies at this C...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Independence, Ohio
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The overall appearance of the Hotel is nice, the staff is friendly, but the noise and congestion was awful, it was very hard to relax, I wished I would have stayed elsewhere, I almost check out second day in, but thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt, my next trip to Cleveland I will stay elsewhere,

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay in any of the rooms
Green Features: That is nice, but if they are going to do that, they should give enough towels and washcloths to accommodate the people staying in the room to begin with
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our property. We certainly pride ourselves on accommodating all guests and I am sorry that we did not meet your or our expectation of delivering a satisfactory stay. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity of regaining your trust if ever traveling to Cleveland again.

Katie Starek
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Lot's of work going on when I was here, upgrading the rooms to something called the CYnergy package. All grays and blues, totally redesigned rooms. The colors were nice, but the curved sofa in the room is impractical and awkward. The work space desk now seems smaller and "cheesy" and the little mini-fridge just sits on the floor next to the desk. Perhaps there will be some built in for it down the road, it looked pretty silly. Elevators were totally hammered from all the construction, I'm sure they will clean that up as well..hopefully.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Independence for your recent stay. As noted, we are finishing our room renovation and are very excited about the new decor packages. As this is a brand new Courtyard package, we appreciate any and all feedback and will share that with our brand team. There are additional furniture items, including a built-in case for the refrigerator that are being added to the rooms. The elevators are certainly on the list to redo once the rest of the room renovation is complete. Pictures of our completed room packages are now on display at our website.

If ever in Cleveland again, we would love to regain your business and show off our completed room package.

Katie Starek