We never been to Sandusky before and road the motorcycles down for Ohio Bike week. We are in our 50's and wanted someplace away from the party so we could have the best of both worlds. . Sawmill Creek Resort took us by surprise. We wanted for nothing! On site restaurants, bars, golf course, marina, coffee shop, gift store, boutique, private beach, tennis courts and there was probably more we didn't even know.. The décor is right up my alley with an indoor log cabin feel and with native American décor. LOVED THE LOBBY FIREPLACES and outdoor patios. So much comfort in and out of the hotel. Sure it could use a little upgrading in the rooms but the comfort was there, and it was clean. We are going for our 2nd year now. I don't think other hotels can offer near what Sawmill does. Their Salmon Run restaurant food was excellent and a real fun band on the weekends in the lounge.
If you go Ohio bike week your only like 6 or 7 miles away from the block party-ask for the bike week discount price!
The only thing I missed was a hot tub. it was cold at night and a hot tub would make this a 5 star resort in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lodge is set on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie, between the towns of Huron and Sandusky. Guestrooms offer TVs, phones with voice mail, wireless internet, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons with boards. Among the hotel's facilities are an 18-hole golf course, two swimming pools, a private beach, 4 restaurants, and convention meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sawmill Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawmill Creek Hotel Huron
- Huron Sawmill Resort
- Sawmill Creek Resort Huron, Ohio