Recently stayed here for a convention. The first thing I have to say is this place is extremely outdated. Second is that it is located in a pretty convenient area, about 10min away from Kalahari and Sandusky.
Because I was there for a convention I got the "convention rate" which was $110.00 a night including tax. the regular rate for this place (double bed room) is about 110.00 before tax...not too much of a difference there. Too expensive for what you get.
Checking into the room was easy but we were highly disappointed when we actually got to our room. The TVs are very old zeniths-from the 80s. Beds are very small, uneven and not extremely comfortable. Our air conditioner did not work and when we went to open the window there was no screen to keep the bugs out. Water for shower sporadically turns from cold to unbearably hot. The hotel offers food service but its extremely expensive so don't even bother. there are plenty of places to eat in the area for much cheaper.
One if the worst things was how little the staff seemed to care about the condition of the hotel or even how your stay was. On Sunday morning at 6:30 am, my whole wing of the hotel woke up to a horrible, extremely loud shrieking noise that went on for 10 minutes. Called the front desk and they said they had no idea what it was, didn't tell us to evacuate or anything.
It stopped and we went back to sleep, went to check out and asked what happened the response was "uhh, we don't know.."
Seriously just do not stay here. There are so many hotels in the area this would be my absolute last choice, and even then I think I would rather sleep in my car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lodge is set on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie, between the towns of Huron and Sandusky. Guestrooms offer TVs, phones with voice mail, wireless internet, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons with boards. Among the hotel's facilities are an 18-hole golf course, two swimming pools, a private beach, 4 restaurants, and convention meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sawmill Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawmill Creek Hotel Huron
- Huron Sawmill Resort
- Sawmill Creek Resort Huron, Ohio