We stayed here while attending a wedding event. The location is great. The resort offers many things....at a steep price. For $175 per night one would expect above all at least a clean room. Not so much. Spider webs, stains on the floors, bathroom mirrors with big black spots, and a mildew smell. I'm not usually one to freak out about a hotel room, but this one left me not wanting to take my shoes off. In short the resort is in need of major updating and maintenance. Several budget hotel chains do a better job at updating. Knowing the area and what it has to offer I can say that there are a number of hotels/golf courses in the immediate vicinity that are a much better value. This place would be worth more than it's price tag if they would invest back into the facilities. I won't be staying here again unless that happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lodge is set on 235 acres along the shores of Lake Erie, between the towns of Huron and Sandusky. Guestrooms offer TVs, phones with voice mail, wireless internet, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and irons with boards. Among the hotel's facilities are an 18-hole golf course, two swimming pools, a private beach, 4 restaurants, and convention meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawmill Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawmill Creek Hotel Huron
- Huron Sawmill Resort
- Sawmill Creek Resort Huron, Ohio