“Family get away”

Quality Inn Cedar Point
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family checked into the facility on Sat. morning and was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk, she was very informative about the surrounding area. Our rooms were very clean and well kept and the pool area was also nice (a little chilly for me but not bad). The staff was wonderful and helpful each time we needed them. At the time of our check out my husband became very ill with what seemed to be a heart attack, when I approached the front desk to inquire about the nearest hospital not only did she print out directions to the hospital but she called the emergency medics that appeared within minutes and transported my husband to the hospital, at that time she informed my family we didnt have to check out and we could stay free of charge the rest of the day if needed. The breakfast bar was also nice and kept well stocked during the time frame for breakfast, hot and cold. I would stay here again without concern or hesitation, our stay was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2012

the doors are awkward to manage for the able-bodied.
Our room had a musty odor -- thank goodness for lysol!
Not enough parking spots -- parking overflow is supposed to go nextdoor, but you have to go out on the road to get there.

Room Tip: My daughter's room on second floor did not have musty smell
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aeyates
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My friends and I stayed here as part of our trip to Cedar Point. It seemed great because of the cost, and it's only 10 or so minutes from the park...and while we certainly have gotten our money's worth out of our trip to Sandusky/Huron- I have a few concerns to voice about the hotel.

I want to preface this with the fact that I have worked in a Choice Hotel, so I am familiar with the standards which Choice wants to uphold in their hotels. I realize each is individually owned and operated, but there are guidelines that need to be followed.

Anyway- we checked in last night (Monday night) and were helped at the front desk by a very rude associate. She did not smile, was not kind, and was just plain rude. She also didn't offer to explain any of the accommodations to us- such as pool, hot tub, laundry, vending, etc. She did mention the breakfast in the morning, and that was about it. We then went to the car to grab all of our luggage and coolers, then walked around looking for an elevator when she rudely pointed out that "[our] room is on the second floor, not down here, and we only have the stairs."

After getting settled we looked through the information binder, looking for food, and noticed that the pool and hot tub are open 24 hours from May to October. So we threw on our suits and grabbed our towels to head to the pool. The door was locked, the lights were off, and a crumpled, torn, and crooked piece of paper was taped to the glass saying "Pool hours 7am-10pm." So, having read literally 2 minutes prior that the pool was open 24 hours, I walked to the front desk to ask if we could maybe be let in (given we had a long 9 hour drive, and just wanted to relax for a half hour). The front desk associate was in the back room sitting on her phone and didn't acknowledge my presence for a few moments- a lot longer than a simple "i didn't see you." She came out to the desk, I asked if the posted pool hours were correct, and she rudely said "the hours are posted right on the door. if you want to swim so badly, it opens again at 7am. Sorry..." I then pointed out that the information binder says 24 hours from May to October, and asked if July doesn't fall in that time period- then asked that she please make sure to write down and inform someone that the room information binder needed to be updated- not only for the pool hours, but also the COMPLETE AND UTTER LACK OF A HOT TUB. The website lists a hot tub, there are pictures of a hot tub, and the binder says there is a hot tub. Unless this thing is invisible and being hoarded by the employees, I'm not sure where it is.

So let's see- false advertising not only on account of the pool and hot tub, rude employees, a pretty clean room with VERY comfortable beds and pillows, NO WATER PRESSURE IN THE OUTDATED SMALL BATHROOM, no tv guide to tell what channel is where and when, and a REALLY TERRIBLE 'continental breakfast' with stale baked goods, slimy hard boiled eggs, juice that merely tastes like flavored water.......I don't suggest staying here- and people should complain. The owner's can't be as terrible as the ones I worked for, so hopefully they'll take people's opinions into consideration.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bobby S
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you're passing through Huron, this place will give you a quiet and restful night. No problem finding food. Staff are eager to help and are good people. The thing is, this place doesn't look that old but it obviously has been around a while. Carpet is the kind you keep your socks on for and the beds are nothing to write home about. Polyester duvets that you pretty much want to kick off right away. For the money it's fine, but I'd max out on this one at 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HavanaBob
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Staff was very friendly and eager to help at check-in and check-out which went quickly. I stayed overnight only, but I could see this to be a great economic choice for visitor to Cedar Point. The hotel is located right off of the freeway, but do not speed when to the east of the hotel on the freeway. We saw at all times several cruisers stopping speeders.

Breakfast is included and includes hot items, but I didn't go down to breakfast.

The high speed wireless is fast and easy.

The rooms have flat screen televisions and new shower heads.

The room was clean and what is expected of a quality hotel in this price range.

Hotel pool looked great, but I didn't use it.

I would highly recommend if looking for this category of hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank froghop96
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Booked this motel Oct. 24 for a Cedar Point trip as it's about 6 miles from. Staff was a little confused about how to handle expedia customers so checking out took way too long but after complaining to management Angie was very apologetic and explained the reason for her staff's confusion. I was satisfied with that and everything was ironed out.
Now for the actual room. One of my biggest requirements for a good review is cleanliness and condition of carpet. Their's was good, clean and though not new, was in good shape throughout premises. I had a 2 double bed room with fairly comfortable beds and very nice comforters and sheets. The room smelled slightly musty but really not bad and I didn't even notice it after awhile. I know this is an issue with a lot of people and it would have been for me too if it had been any more then slight. The room had a beautiful flat screen tv with hd channels. Though there was no paint chipping anywhere it looked old and could have used some fresh paint. Overall the room was acceptable for 72 bucks a night which is competitive for that area and time of year. My only real knock was the bathroom. It was dated and in need of repair. Old and worn faucets and flimsy shower head with almost zero water pressure, mold on the grout and pretty old looking tiles. Although I have had worse,this bathroom was not up to standards.
Generally speaking though it was decent for the price and a little off the beaten path for a peaceful stay. I would have to decline another stay though until I knew they had upgraded the bathrooms.

Room Tip: ask if bathroom has been updated
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank tsu4jesus
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the second year in a row that we stayed at this particular motel. It is conveniently located to Cedar Point Amusement Park and to several local restaurants. Every year we make a several day trip to Cedar Point - and next year we will also be staying at this particular motel. The customer service here is terrific. Good quality for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 34 in Sandusky
Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Rainwater Park

Been to Quality Inn Cedar Point? Share your experiences!