“Great Value”

Brass Pelican
Ranked #23 of 38 Restaurants in Huron
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food was very good and the prices were great. It had a good variety of foods and beer. The servers were also friendly.

There are newer reviews for Brass Pelican

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I decided to take a drive down Lake Avenue on 4th of July weekend and we had picked the Brass Pelican to stop for dinner before heading home. It had mixed reviews. Some liked it, others said it wasn't up to snuff. I'm here to say "it's a lower end sports bar." I've been to several sports bars and I've liked most of them, but this one was not going to stay on my list. First of all, if you're looking for anything healthy, even though we're talking about a place by the lake, pretty much everything is FRIED with no real healthy side choices. I had to go with fried shrimp and I knew I would be paying for it later. You would think a place by the water would have several broiled options The place in general just felt dirty and we had to keep swatting at flies around us constantly even though we were inside. And then when it came time to go and I had to use the restroom, my stall had a broken lock and there was no hook to place my purse on so I had to place it on the dirty bathroom floor and the toilet roll cover came off and hit me as I was trying to pull at the toilet paper and scared me half to death. It was one of those industrial two roll holders. All in all, I would not recommend this place. If you want something clean and a better menu, go elsewhere.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited Huron on the fourth of July weekend, Ate outside on the water and had a couple beers at a very reasonable price. when our food came - we could have shared it. We were out the door at less than $25 (w/tip) great value!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

It was very nice place to eat, The food was great and the girls that served you were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Staying at the Huron Boat Basin, we thought this looked like a good place for lunch. Right on the water. Other than the view, it was all downhill. There were eight of us looking for sandwiches and a beer. It was about 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged us, then another 15 minutes to bring our beverages. Then another 45 minutes before sandwiches arrived. I ordered a grilled cheese. It arrived stone cold and inedible. And I got crab salad instead of the potato salad I ordered. (fake crab salad) The waiter said he was sorry, but then made excuses (Which I hate a the waitstaff to do.) He agreed we had waited almost an hour, but he did not include the time we sat before anyone took our order. The "best" excuse was, "We had a lot of tables come in at the same time." Well, duh, yes. It was lunch time. Maybe stopping in for a beer and watching the river is okay, but forget about food.

1  Thank 301Lucy