“best chicken parm”

Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Huron
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Berardi's has been in the business of delivering great food to the local community for four generations. Albert and Roseanne Berardi founded the restaurant in 1979, after making a name for themselves with their famous French fries at Cedar Point. For nearly 40 years, the thick, fresh cut, made to order French fries were a staple at Cedar Point. Al's parents, Secando and Eurosia (Mama) Berardi, were hardworking, inspirational Italian immigrants who knew how to make Old World style delicious food. Today we carry on that tradition, preparing fresh homemade food that is sure to please the entire family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We always go to Huron Berardi s for the chicken parm, but we get there fries as our side. WOW WHAT A COMBO !!!!!! Famous italian restaurants cannot beat their chicken parm !!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First time stopping at this restaurant on the way home from Cleveland. We both ordered the perch dinner = great. Terrific "REAL" homemade french fries. The "hot-out-of-oven rolls were the best we ever had. Well worth the turn off of the turnpike and down a bit.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice way to start the day. The menu is varied, and all the fresh omelet are great along with our favorite eggs benedict!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Being a long-time Cedar Point fan, I was familiar with the Berardi’s name from their amazing French fries that they used to serve at the park up until the late 70’s/early 80’s. Cedar Point’s fries haven’t been the same since. But after all these years of knowing that there was a Berardi’s restaurant nearby, I had never made the time to step inside and check it out. I decided to remedy that situation this past weekend and I can say that I will not be waiting as long as I have before making another visit. This is truly a delightful place to eat.

The décor is understated and casual- very “family restaurant-ish” if that makes any sense. The dining area was clean, the girl that seated us was friendly, and our server was outstanding as she came to our table quickly, got our drinks and took our orders in a quick and efficient manner. Berardi’s menu is a unique mix of foods, ranging from American classics like hot roast beef, chicken salad croissants and fried fish to Italian dishes. I went with the Lake Erie perch dinner, which came to the table quickly and steaming hot. The perch was delicious. Lightly breaded and fried and not greasy at all. Same can be said of the trademark Berardi fries. These thick-cut potatoes are definitely among the best I have had. Crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and completely addictive. My wife had the chicken salad croissant, which she was not a huge fan of because of the use of dark meat, but this is my review and I’m rating what I ordered. ;)

As I mentioned earlier, our server was attentive, pleasant and went out of her way to check and see that we were doing okay. She also brought us our check in a timely fashion so that we did not have to wait. As a former server myself, those few small qualities go a long way in making or breaking my restaurant experience. She knew what she was doing and we tipped her accordingly.

While I did not try the desserts, I will definitely be back soon. I recommend Berardi’s to anyone who loves French fries or anyone who likes a decent meal served fresh in a clean, inviting atmosphere. I still can’t believe it took me this long to try this place!

2  Thank rayp1970
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great place. We decided to eat here based on other reviews and was not disappointed. Excellent food and courteous service. Highly recommended.

Been to Berardi's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!