“Clean bed and friendly staff- right off the highway”

Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Huron
“Clean bed and friendly staff- right off the highway”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was a nice little hotel that was clean, affordable and I felt very safe at. The parking lot was brightly lit and the exterior was well cared for. I paid just under $50 for my room on a Wednesday night which I thought was more than fair. I've stayed at much more expensive hotels that weren't as clean as this place. Obviously you stay at a Motel 6 to save money so you don't expect much but this one was a nice little inn. I wish there was a motel like this one every time I stopped along the road

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Motel 6 in Huron. We always love hearing feedback about how we are doing! It makes us strive to perform better than our competitors and to make all of our guests feel welcomed. We hope to look forward to your soon return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Coffee, internet and indoor corridors is pretty much all I need in a hotel and this Motel 6 provided all three. As a bonus it was literally 40 feet from the off ramp of the freeway and right next to an Arby's (my favorite fast food). That they had just remodeled all their rooms giving them a very modern feeling was also a bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chatles r
m64535bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very kindly for your review regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that our hotel made your drive easier with a quick stop to re-fuel yourself for your trip! I hope that when you are traveling back through our area, we will see you again! (Also ask at the front desk we usually have coupons for next door as well!)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2012

1.This is no ordinary Motel 6. Most of them are the kind of place you wouldn't dream of staying at unless you wrapped yourself in cellophane. This one was very clean and modern looking. They also had an indoor pool and hot tub which is something I don't think I've ever seen at a Motel 6 before. The staff was pleasant enough and my stay was relaxing and allowed me to feel refreshed the next day as I got back on the road and continued my journey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob T
Thank you very much for the kind words you left about our hotel. We love to hear about any experiences our guests may have had! We strive to excel in customer service and to provide our guests with clean, affordable rooms. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if ever traveling through the area!
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Arrived late evening and had great service at the checkin. Room was clean, cool and ready for us wwith no issues. Morning staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations for food and discounted Cedar Point tickets. There were only a few peoople staying so the poool and hot tub was wide open and available for the kids. Great value compaired to other nnearby motels. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check to see if you can get discounted room (AARP, clubs, etc.).
USA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband booked this hotel as an economical stay for our trip to Cedar Point. The only positive thing that I can say about it is that it was a convenient location for our trip. I wish that I knew the "Motel 6" policy about not having alarm clocks, tissues, hairdryers, coffee pots, and toiletry items in the rooms ahead of time! Although, when I did ask the front desk, they did find a hair dryer to use and return to the desk when I was finished. The room was marginally clean. The bathroom had threadbare stained white towels, a pinkish stain (mold?) on the shower curtain and poor water pressure. The rooms had cheap laminate flooring that was cold to walk on. Although, in retrospect, that was probably better than carpet. At least then you could see easily where it was dirty or clean. The comforters had stains on them as well. The walls were thin. You could hear people talking in the adjacent rooms and in the hallway. There are train tracks behind the building with a lot of train traffic. They blow the horn frequently all night long! There is no continental breakfast or in room refrigerators or mIcrowaves. They do provide a couple of carafes of coffee in the lobby and local newspapers at your door. I will not be staying here again. Nor could I recommend anyone else stay here.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a room at the front of the hotel. It may help with the train noise.
1 Thank WisconsinFamilyUSA
m64535bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience at our motel. Motel 6 offers the lowest rate out of all the nation chains. Motel 6 is also known for being a "No Frills" brand and not providing extra amenities such as alarm clocks, tissues, hairdryers, coffee pots ect. However we do have many of these items available at the front desk for no charge.

Travelers are raving about these Huron hotels

Nashville, TN
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This motel is the cheapest around the area. You get what you pay for.
The elevator was dirty. My room has NO clock, no tissues, no hairr dryer, no ironing board, no iron, no towel rods and no bathroom amenities, The towel are all so old and thread bare and they are nubby like coarse sand paper. There are no towel rods or hooks to hang wet towels, except for 1 small hook behind the door. The tub drain wasn't draining, so I had to get a plastic knife from a fast food restaurant and saw through the piles of hair in the drain to allow the water to go down the drain. The show curtain bottom had a lot of pink/read mold on it. The bathroom was sticky, but I put towels down to walk on it. There was a brown blob smear under the bathroom trash can. There is no continental breakfast. My bedspread had stains on it. The room floor is fake wood laminate and the staff does not seem to clean the floors. There has been a layer of lake Erie sand near my bed the whole time I have been here. it is unclear how often, if ever the floors and elevator floors are cleaned. There was a layer of dirt on the elevator floor and a lot of smudges on the walls. All of the faucets have water savers on them, so it takes forever to fill a small water glass. There is no cold water in the shower, and there is no hot water in the bathroom sink. The front desk people are a little weird. One front desk gal seemed to have family or friends sitting in the lobby with her. When I first entered the building, she was on the couch with them, and then jumped up to go behind the desk as I took a few more steps into the lobby. A family member who was not in a Motel 6 uniform, said "Hi" very loudly. I said "Hi" quickly as I walked to the elevator. Then he said, "You are rude, you should look at me and smile, sheesh!". The elevator couldn't come fast enough to get me out of the area where this scary man was.

Room Tip: Bring your own hair dryer, clock, tissues, broom and cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kitikata
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a trip to Cedar Point. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was a good place if you are just staying for a short time. You can hear people if they are in the hallway but that didn't seem to be to much of an issue. The train I heard several times a night but I am a light sleeper, no one else in the family heard it. In the morning there was coffee and biscutts and gravy to eat. We weren't there long enough to use the pool or hottub because we were at cedar Point all day and it closed at 10 so the kids missed it. If you are just looking for a place to stay a few nights without breaking the bank then I would stay here. We went through Motel6.com and made the reservations so it was much cheaper than just going in there and getting the room. It was a great value for the stay.

Room Tip: go through Motel6.com and reserve the room its much cheaper
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Comfort Inn River's Edge
#12 of 35 in Sandusky
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#7 of 35 in Sandusky

Been to Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron? Share your experiences!