“Not a Resort”

Huron River Valley Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huron
Huron River Valley Resort
“Not a Resort”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It is an average camp ground. At least half the people there are permanent residents of the facility. Sites are close together. Quiet time is 11pm to 7am which isn't good for those who go to bed early for early start on your day of adventure. Mosquito infested ... Take your deep woods repellant. Bathroom is clean but showers are not so nice ... The shower room I went into had an easily break in door lock. Has its own boat ramp and marina for $$. Go down the road 5 minutes to put your boat in for free. Labor Day live band played till 11:30pm ... After a long day hiking and exhausted, couldn't sleep for the music. I like to do things on my schedule not theirs. Rather noisy in my opinion.

Overall, crowded on top of each other sites... Only electric and water hook ups ... Pay for wifi that sucks ... Noisy ... A basic campground. Absolutely NOT a resort.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sheffield, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I, along with our little dogs stayed at this campground for a weekend in August, 2013. Everything was great! I can't say enough about all the very friendly, helpful staff. The entire campground was very clean and the seasonal residents were so friendly and warm to us. We are definitely planning another weekend there this year before it closes for the winter!! Thanks so much for a truly great experience!

Rob and Deb Hammer

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie H
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My family has been staying at this campground since the early 70's and although there has been a few changes in ownership the peacefulness of the river is unchanged. The new owners have made many upgrades including shower house & a swimming hole. This weekend in June I spent on one of there few river sites that are not saved for seasonal sites. They only have about 5 and a few on the canal so make your reservations. I would be since if they had electric & water but hey we are camping after all. Port a potties are sprinkled throughout. The main shower house has flushers if you must have them. They even pipe music into the shower house. They have a camp store on site and sell firewood. They offer a boat ramp and dock space so it's great for boaters. I like it b/c I can put my kayak right in from my site. You could also fish right here too.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank luvinature
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#5 of 35 in Sandusky
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron

Been to Huron River Valley Resort? Share your experiences!