Review Highlights
Clean Beach

Family friendly with a playground. Clean beach sand and the water was algea-free at that time. No... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
sarasmith63
Grass Lake, Michigan
via mobile
An experience to die for!

A nice sandy beach in huron. Fee for parking but the water is clean and it is a great atmosphere... read more

Reviewed August 4, 2019
Chris M
Port Clinton, Ohio, United States
via mobile

All reviews volleyball nets parking fee lake erie soft sand pay to park year olds great spot red fish porta potties picnic tables walk barefoot snacks and drinks pied piper play ground sunny saturday plenty of space play area
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

What a great spot to enjoy Lake Erie! I met up with some friends here, and had 3 13 year olds and my 5 year old with me. Every one was so happy here, and we all enjoyed the beach very much! It was beautiful, well kept, and the families visiting there were very nice! No one was smoking or sweating, just playing ball and building sandcastles. No goose poop, and very, very, little litter! The equipment- playground, and volleyball nets, and rentable items such as floats and kayaks were all in excellent condition! I was so impressed with Nickel Plate Beach! I will go back very soon!! $6 to park is more than worth it!!

1  Thank storimiller4
Reviewed June 26, 2018

After driving nearly all day, it was refreshing to pull up here and let our kids loose, to swim, play in the sand, or just chill.

1  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Nice little beach.There is a play ground for younger kids and a couple volleyball nets. We were there later in the evening so the beach was basically empty. There is a little walk from the parking lot to the beach. We were there later in the evening and didn't swim or stay very long but if we were in the area we would definitely go back.

2  Thank lisadQ622QV
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Dogs aren't aloud on the beach until after 6pm or if you manage to beat 'beach security' to there post early in the morning. 6$ to park if you don't have beach pass. There's places to get food near the beach but their all pretty pricey, places with reasonable prices/quantities include beradis Huron pizza house pied piper and DQ. They have a new blue mat at beach so you don't have to run as far on the scorching hot sand. Keep your alcohol in unmarked containers and if possible store your liquor in unmarked containers. Other than that, have fun and be respectful; it sucks to get sand in your eyes(:

Date of experience: May 2018
3  Thank carl r
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Took my nephews from California to Nickel Plate Beach , it was a beautiful hot sunny day in July. The kids had a blast the beach was clean and well maintained . We stayed all afternoon till 4.30 till the rain threatened . Best thing is they live in California and I was told they had more fun and enjoyed the water more at Nickel plate Beach in Huron than at a beach in California ... I am so proud and impressed with my town Huron!!!

Date of experience: July 2017