“Photo opps”
Review of Nickel Plate Beach

Nickel Plate Beach
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Huron
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I like to duck in here towards sunset and take photographs. I've never had to pay to park, but I'm never there during the heat of the day. It's a scenic little spot off the main road.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great place to enjoy Lake Erie..nice play area for kids. Sand volleyball..great picnic area with grills..only downfall is the porta pots.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nickel Plate Beach is a public beach open to anyone visiting Huron. There is a $5 entrance fee per car. There is a small playground, beach volleyball, and lots of sand and sun. Bring your own snacks and drinks with you as well. This is a great place to spend the day as a family- but be aware of the weather and the current because there are no lifeguards on duty, and sadly, accidental drownings happen every summer on Lake Erie.

1  Thank dirby5
Reviewed July 22, 2013

No dead fish! Well groomed! Beautiful sunset! Great playground! Great soft and clean sand! Just wish it was not near a power plant to the left :(

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Full disclosure, I'm originally from the South, so when I think of a "beach" I think of white Gulf sand and blue salty water. This is not that, obviously. However, the sand was clean-- I didn't notice a lot of debris and I didn't have any misgivings about my 2 year olds walking around barefoot. There is a fun play structure for younger kids and two volleyball nets set up. The picnicing area is small, but well kept. My biggest frustration is the lack of non port-a-potty bathrooms & changing areas. The cost is just $5 per car load.

Been to Nickel Plate Beach? Share your experiences!