“Best Perch Dinner on the Lake”
Review of Lemmy's Eatery

Lemmy's Eatery
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Huron
Cuisines: Seafood
Ohio
“Best Perch Dinner on the Lake”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Yes, Lemmy's is a little diner on the outskirts of Huron. Does it need a little sprucing up? Yes, but it is clean and in my book, that far outweighs dated decor. My family ate there a week ago and I noticed the booths had been reupholstered. So perhaps they are doing a little bit at a time.

Lemmy's stands for Lake Erie Monster and they supposedly have a Lemmy in the basement that thumps and bumps for the kids. Since we don't have small kids in the family, I couldn't tell you what that is all about..you'll have to read other reviews for Lemmy info.

The perch is outstanding; there is very little breading (I don't like batter) might be a little bit of cornmeal in the breading... it's always crispy and fried to perfection. The fries are fresh cut, coleslaw is creamy and fresh. Fountain drinks are spot on and taste the way they should. Good tartare sauce if that's what you like on your fish. I had to ask for lemon slices. The waitress brought malt vinegar for my fries, so I was happy.We are always too full to order any dessert so can't speak for their desserts.

The waitress was a bit gruff on our last visit, but our service was quick and efficient.

I've never ordered anything but the perch dinner. We usually go after the lunch rush, and there have been a few tables filled at 2pm, but they close the doors exactly at 3pm. I would definitely arrive at least 30 minutes before 3pm if you have your heart set on eating here.

• Visited April 2013

Huron, Ohio
“Diner needs updating”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stopped at Lemmy's a couple of times for breakfast/ lunch and found it it be barely adequate. The server was not terribly friendly even though the place was mostly empty and if you can not get friendly service in a diner than what good is stopping?
The portions were hearty but the food was so-so, not on the same par as Bob Evans. It looked like they went over to the nearest grocery and fired up the grill. You do not get the impression that the baked goods are home-made. In fairness I am not an omlet eater and they seem to specialize in them.
The decor is so out-dated you would think that with the theme of Lemmy's it would be more playful, more like a Disney type theme restaurant. I would have Lemmy everywhere including selling stuffed Lemmy's. And brighten up the place, it is very close to Cedar Point and could attract people who do not want to pay Cedar Point prices.

• Visited October 2012
Key West, Florida
“Local mom and pop restaurant but I would only go once!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Small place but good local perch and great pies! No beer or wine and place could use a little upgrading. Was warm the day we went and staff was friendly but rushed. My family also had the burgers which they said were great. At the end of the meal they take adventurous children to the basement door and allow them to throw a raw potato to the Lake Erie Monster... Who then bumps his head on the upper floor in response. Cute. Thus the name LEMmys...the lem stands for lake erie monster. I was glad i went and there were plenty of older locals enjoying themselves but once was enough for me.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank reddskyy
Huron, Ohio
“Great Perch and Fun for kids”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We went for perch because of the reviews. We are from Huron but this was our 1st time we went because my sister and her grandson came to visit. We wanted him to feed Lemmy. We had great food and fun.

Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful place to eat!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Great little restaurant. Food/breakfast was very tastee. Service was great and so was the atmosphere. Located close to cedar point-so it is a must stop for me and my daughter.

Been to Lemmy's Eatery? Share your experiences!