All reviews chez francois b and b lake erie beautiful pool entire house own bathroom gazebo area each room has its own boat basin yacht club felt like home very nice place to stay first floor within walking distance nancy hostess lighthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I found this place about 4 years ago and promised my wife we would go there. I bookmarked it for the future. As our 10th wedding anniversary was approaching we were planning a trip to Dayton, OH so I built this into the trip.
I am so glad I did, Nancy has a beautiful home and she does a wonderful job of making folks welcome. She gave us suggestions for dinner, we took her advice of using a guest membership at the Huron Yacht Club, see my reviews elsewhere.
My wife and I stay in at least 2 B&Bs per year, this is by far the best we have seen. We stayed in Sarah's room, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very good. The décor was very well done. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We had a group of 12 people, 6 couples. We went for a one night get away and it was perfect. There was a pool which is very clean with an cute outdoor pavilion which allowed us to set up food and an outside bar and just hang by the pool for the day. The rooms in this B and B are all unique and really quaint. There is a kitchen to use for the guests. The next morning the owner, Nancy, and her family, cooked us all an amazing breakfast! The owners were extremely kind, accommodating and made us all feel right at home. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful old B and B with rich history. Ask Nancy, she will tell you all about Captain Montague's home.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank abbyliber2
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Had a great weekend with friends at this Bed and Breakfast!! The place was so clean and felt like home! Very accommodating and the owners were super sweet!! I would definitely stay there again!! The pool was beautiful too !!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank bagels2238
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We came here with 6 couples and had an excellent time! Nancy and Bruce are warm and friendly and this home is just gorgeous! Each room has its own bath, too! The pool area was perfect for lounging and Nancy and her family taxied is back and forth from dinner since our cab reservation never showed. We will be coming back for sure! Loved it!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank suzie755
Reviewed November 5, 2017

What am absolutely gorgeous place! I have never felt more at home away from home as I did at Captain Montague's in Huron, Ohio. Nancy and Bruce are excellent hosts. They go the extra mile so that their guests can enjoy their stay. What I particularly liked was that they arranged for me and my wife to be their guests at the nearby Huron Yacht Club. We had an appetizer and drinks there. By the end of the night, we knew everyone in the bar. We will be back to Captain Montague's often!

Date of stay: November 2017