“Pretty Good”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Orlando, Florida
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed her for a quick overnight after a long day at Cedar Point. The hotel was a little hard to find at night because it's tucked away in the back roads.. The staff was pretty good.. The room we had was very modern and up to date but since it was above the lobby doors it was a bit noisy. Also the bathroom doors did not lock.
Wifi was pretty good but I found it kind of funny that the Wifi Network to the hotel was named "Cockroaches"... Kinda wondered why???
I also wanted to mention that the woman running the breakfast in the morning was Awesome! Very friendly and attentive..
Everything else was pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Liverpool, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stayed here to go to cedar point. Excellent! Breakfast was excellent. Beds and rooms clean n comfy. Staff is very friendly n helpful. Feels like a brand new hotel! Ate at the outside bar n listened to a live band. Great food(the brass pelican) and inexpensive. I would not stay anywhere else. Pull out of hotel, one road takes you to cedar point! Abt 10 miles. Hats off to all at comfort inn rivers edge huron ohio!

• Stayed July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The remodel of the River's Edge Inn (now Comfort Inn - River's Edge) was needed & they did an excellent job. The rooms are all new & everything's new including nice touches such as a fridge & microwave in the room. They are still working some minor kinks out but the staff was on it when needed. Pool was nice, heated & had a view of the river. Breakfast was great though hotel was booked & breakfast room was jammed with guests (I found it odd that you have to go outside the room for coffee but probably in the hall for space & all day availability). Flat screen TV was great, ice machines were full, washer & dryer worked well. View from room was nice & landscaping was great. My room was upgraded to a river view but my family had the parking lot view. River view is nice but there are plenty of places to sit outside & view the river. A great value & many, many features for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Go for the river view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Apxcentral
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel was recently completely renovated May 2013 so it was very new, clean, modern and updated. The staff was amazingly polite and helpful. The rooms were spacious and even included a mini frig and microwave and comfortable beds!!!. I had absolutely NO COMPLAINTS!! The indoor pool was great! the complimentary breakfast was AMAZING! There is a fun restaurant/bar called Brass Pelican on River right next door and the food there was delicious as well. They were very accommodating for my mom's 60th Birthday Party and even had a DJ. There is also a playground and beach with in walking distance and a grocery/beer store a mile away. We ate at a wonderful family owned restaurant called Bernardi's and it was to die for. All these places were very affordable and an incredible deal for the service, quantity and value. And no crowds on a holiday to boot!!! It served as a perfect meeting place for my family (including 2 small children) coming from Cleveland to meet family in Toledo over 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AirforceOD
Hackettstown, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everything was good except for the internet. Every time my boyfriend or I signed in it would keep logging us off. I have a tablet and he was use his phone. The rates were great. The original room we were giving was ready so we got a free upgrade. They just remodel this hotel so a lot of stuff was new. Different breakfast items to chose from. Nice back way to Cedar Point. The only complaint was the internet. The woman who checked me in was nice but the other lady who I think was the manager I said something about the toilet now working said "why didn't you tell me yesterday"?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank coasterfan98
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

When booking this place I was nervous. I am a choice rewards member and like to stay in Choice Hotels and since this was just recently converted I wasn't sure what to expect. All I can say is WOW! The hotel had just reopened on 5/17 and there were some kinks to work out but this place looks totally different then the old pictures I found on here. Very modern with the new paint, furniture and more. The pool was still being redone but they did offer us access to a pool at another hotel only 3 miles away. We never took advantage

We were going to Sandusky to spend the holiday weekend at Cedar Point. We traveled with my my fiance and I, our 2 children, his mother and her husband and our niece. We had 2 rooms. One was the whirlpool tub room and one was two doubles. The whirlpool room as a bit different considering there was no wall for privacy from the toilet area, only a shower curtain on both sides of the tub that seperates the room from the toilet area. Pull out sofa was nice for the little kids and the front desk was quick to get a bed roll when we pointed out there was not one.

The breakfast was a great bonus to save on a meal with such a large family. There was scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and blueberry waffles, bread, muffins, donuts, cereal, juice, yogart. The staff quickly replaced empty items. It was tough the last morning when we went down to eat at 9:30am when the breakfast room was packed and they could barely keep up with the demand but did the best they could.

I would recommend this for all friends and family traveling to the area.

Room Tip: The riverview offers a view of the Huron River.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel W
Michigan City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

they should have made sure the hotel was completed before opening. we had a hole in the bathroom wall instead of a toliet paper holder. our window was broken. told the manager didnt seem to care. there were several different bugs in the room. could be nice if they tried to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#4 of 35 in Sandusky
Cedar Point's Express Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn River's Edge? Share your experiences!