“best place I've stayed in a long time”

Comfort Inn River's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel was recently completely renovated May 2013 so it was very new, clean, modern and updated. The staff was amazingly polite and helpful. The rooms were spacious and even included a mini frig and microwave and comfortable beds!!!. I had absolutely NO COMPLAINTS!! The indoor pool was great! the complimentary breakfast was AMAZING! There is a fun restaurant/bar called Brass Pelican on River right next door and the food there was delicious as well. They were very accommodating for my mom's 60th Birthday Party and even had a DJ. There is also a playground and beach with in walking distance and a grocery/beer store a mile away. We ate at a wonderful family owned restaurant called Bernardi's and it was to die for. All these places were very affordable and an incredible deal for the service, quantity and value. And no crowds on a holiday to boot!!! It served as a perfect meeting place for my family (including 2 small children) coming from Cleveland to meet family in Toledo over 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AirforceOD

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everything was good except for the internet. Every time my boyfriend or I signed in it would keep logging us off. I have a tablet and he was use his phone. The rates were great. The original room we were giving was ready so we got a free upgrade. They just remodel this hotel so a lot of stuff was new. Different breakfast items to chose from. Nice back way to Cedar Point. The only complaint was the internet. The woman who checked me in was nice but the other lady who I think was the manager I said something about the toilet now working said "why didn't you tell me yesterday"?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank coasterfan98
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When booking this place I was nervous. I am a choice rewards member and like to stay in Choice Hotels and since this was just recently converted I wasn't sure what to expect. All I can say is WOW! The hotel had just reopened on 5/17 and there were some kinks to work out but this place looks totally different then the old pictures I found on here. Very modern with the new paint, furniture and more. The pool was still being redone but they did offer us access to a pool at another hotel only 3 miles away. We never took advantage

We were going to Sandusky to spend the holiday weekend at Cedar Point. We traveled with my my fiance and I, our 2 children, his mother and her husband and our niece. We had 2 rooms. One was the whirlpool tub room and one was two doubles. The whirlpool room as a bit different considering there was no wall for privacy from the toilet area, only a shower curtain on both sides of the tub that seperates the room from the toilet area. Pull out sofa was nice for the little kids and the front desk was quick to get a bed roll when we pointed out there was not one.

The breakfast was a great bonus to save on a meal with such a large family. There was scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and blueberry waffles, bread, muffins, donuts, cereal, juice, yogart. The staff quickly replaced empty items. It was tough the last morning when we went down to eat at 9:30am when the breakfast room was packed and they could barely keep up with the demand but did the best they could.

I would recommend this for all friends and family traveling to the area.

Room Tip: The riverview offers a view of the Huron River.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed May 27, 2013

they should have made sure the hotel was completed before opening. we had a hole in the bathroom wall instead of a toliet paper holder. our window was broken. told the manager didnt seem to care. there were several different bugs in the room. could be nice if they tried to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice hotel in midst of renovation,located jus 10 miles from cedar pt.,the vary reason we selected it. If you like the marina atmosphere,to boot medium bar and grill,almost connected to it with live music& good food,all on blue collar budget, not going to be blown away,but nice for the money,plus u can choose Huron river side,kind of shipping channel view, if you like to watch boats.

Room Tip: I preferred river side, but like I said nothing spectactular ,bowling ally u can walk to
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was awful! I would never stay here again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We stayed here for a wedding, and made it so hard on the couple to reserve the rooms for the guests. They were so mean and rude. They are way over priced for what you get!! We found a spider on the mattress and int he bathroom. Dirt all over the tub when we got there. Very out dated and old fashion. We asked for an ironing board and never got one. Air barley worked, safe didn't work (still charged for it) and water pressure was like a dribble. Half of the guests didn't get their bag that they were supposed to get from the bride and groom when they checked in. When we talked to the lady about it when checking out she had nothing really to say. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea M
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family has stayed in this hotel every summer for the past five years. It's cleanliness has never been exceptional, however, the price was an incredible value considering the friendly service, the continental breakfast, and the excellent location. During our current stay, I was approached by a staff employee who saw me on cctv borrowing an extra blanket and the ironing board from the hall closet. While I realize this is not a 5 star hotel, i did not appreciate being treated as a criminal. As it was, i did not complain about the nonsmoking room that smelled of cigarettes, the ants, or the clogged overflowing toilet. I do realize that the majority of people staying at Rivers Edge are drunken teens visiting Cedar Point, but there are a fair amount of well behaved families staying as well. I hope the transition to Comfort Inn does not mean a loss of hospitality as we have experienced this summer.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Reedj3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Best Western Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk
#1 of 3 in Norwalk
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Been to Comfort Inn River's Edge? Share your experiences!