“Don't stay here!!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Lexington
“Don't stay here!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was awful! I would never stay here again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We stayed here for a wedding, and made it so hard on the couple to reserve the rooms for the guests. They were so mean and rude. They are way over priced for what you get!! We found a spider on the mattress and int he bathroom. Dirt all over the tub when we got there. Very out dated and old fashion. We asked for an ironing board and never got one. Air barley worked, safe didn't work (still charged for it) and water pressure was like a dribble. Half of the guests didn't get their bag that they were supposed to get from the bride and groom when they checked in. When we talked to the lady about it when checking out she had nothing really to say. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chelsea M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family has stayed in this hotel every summer for the past five years. It's cleanliness has never been exceptional, however, the price was an incredible value considering the friendly service, the continental breakfast, and the excellent location. During our current stay, I was approached by a staff employee who saw me on cctv borrowing an extra blanket and the ironing board from the hall closet. While I realize this is not a 5 star hotel, i did not appreciate being treated as a criminal. As it was, i did not complain about the nonsmoking room that smelled of cigarettes, the ants, or the clogged overflowing toilet. I do realize that the majority of people staying at Rivers Edge are drunken teens visiting Cedar Point, but there are a fair amount of well behaved families staying as well. I hope the transition to Comfort Inn does not mean a loss of hospitality as we have experienced this summer.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Reedj3
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 6, 2012

we have stayed at many places near cedar point and they were so bad, then we found Rivers Edge Inn. I now go there e every year when we go to cedar point and soak city. Its a little hard to find you less you have

GPS on but worth the find. The place is clean, friendly, and my kids love their pool. I hear the name will change next year to comfort inn. I hope only the name changes and Nothing else...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank debbie s
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Now I will say the location by the lake is amazing, and the staff is polite. Although I booked a hot tub suite expecting it to be the best room in the hotel i was wrong. The whole room was dirty, threw out the day me and girlfriend kept finding spiders the size of golf balls. This hotel need renovating

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Benjamin L

Travelers are raving about these Huron hotels

Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The front desk lady was too busy on a personal call and made us wait while she finished her conversation. From the minute we walked into the room all I could feel was dirty. The room was hot and smelled stale. The carpet had stains on it from the door to the window. The hotel says that it is "under construction" so when you pay for a river view u look out at scaffolding covered in spider webs. Only reason we stayed here is because kalahari was full. Really sorry we didn't book a room at kalahari sooner. Haven't had breakfast here yet but I don't have high hopes. I would run screaming from this hotel and it's website if I were u.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teegj
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Wish I had read the reviews before booking this stay! In addition to the mold, hair and general dirtiness, I killed 5 very large black spiders in our room. The girl at the front desk giggled when I informed her - said they regularly sprayed but the darn things keep coming back in. Can't be helped "because we're on the water." What a crock! The "river view" was interesting - industrial smoke stacks, lime piles, Con Agra abandoned factory and the endless tooting of a freight train. We paid extra for the jacuzzi which we did not use since it was so dirty. Best of all: No walls! Toilet is separated from bed by jacuzzi/tub/shower with the shower curtains providing the only privacy - also no fan. Continental breakfast was inedible. For this I used hard-earned points as well as cash. No ice - desk said machine was broken - guy coming to fix tomorrow - Apparently he's been on his way since the first week of September. Linens, towels, pillows - awful. No amenities. For the same price we stayed in a Hilton in Chicago and it was a whole different world. How could both these hotels rate 3 stars???

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!