“well worth the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn River's Edge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Clinton Township, Michigan
“well worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

we have stayed at many places near cedar point and they were so bad, then we found Rivers Edge Inn. I now go there e every year when we go to cedar point and soak city. Its a little hard to find you less you have

GPS on but worth the find. The place is clean, friendly, and my kids love their pool. I hear the name will change next year to comfort inn. I hope only the name changes and Nothing else...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank debbie s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ypsilanti, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Now I will say the location by the lake is amazing, and the staff is polite. Although I booked a hot tub suite expecting it to be the best room in the hotel i was wrong. The whole room was dirty, threw out the day me and girlfriend kept finding spiders the size of golf balls. This hotel need renovating

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Benjamin L
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

The front desk lady was too busy on a personal call and made us wait while she finished her conversation. From the minute we walked into the room all I could feel was dirty. The room was hot and smelled stale. The carpet had stains on it from the door to the window. The hotel says that it is "under construction" so when you pay for a river view u look out at scaffolding covered in spider webs. Only reason we stayed here is because kalahari was full. Really sorry we didn't book a room at kalahari sooner. Haven't had breakfast here yet but I don't have high hopes. I would run screaming from this hotel and it's website if I were u.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teegj
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Wish I had read the reviews before booking this stay! In addition to the mold, hair and general dirtiness, I killed 5 very large black spiders in our room. The girl at the front desk giggled when I informed her - said they regularly sprayed but the darn things keep coming back in. Can't be helped "because we're on the water." What a crock! The "river view" was interesting - industrial smoke stacks, lime piles, Con Agra abandoned factory and the endless tooting of a freight train. We paid extra for the jacuzzi which we did not use since it was so dirty. Best of all: No walls! Toilet is separated from bed by jacuzzi/tub/shower with the shower curtains providing the only privacy - also no fan. Continental breakfast was inedible. For this I used hard-earned points as well as cash. No ice - desk said machine was broken - guy coming to fix tomorrow - Apparently he's been on his way since the first week of September. Linens, towels, pillows - awful. No amenities. For the same price we stayed in a Hilton in Chicago and it was a whole different world. How could both these hotels rate 3 stars???

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PoconoPat
Mn.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We picked this spot because of the price and were pleasantly surprised. Clean, friendly service. The desk man went way out of his way to give us local coupons, and directions to the area hot spots. It was a quiet location out of the hustle and bustle. We weren't expecting any bells and whistles, but got everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bremy
Omaha, NE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place is disgusting, don't believe any of the four or five star reviews you see. They advertiise these iPad contests (that are also probably fake) where they encourage people to submit positive reviews to TripAdvisor or Expedia. Doing so enters them into this contest where they win a free prize.

The room I was first put into was hideous. Food all over the floor, mold in the bathroom, hair EVERYWHERE. There was still a note from the last person who stayed there, pointing out all the shortcomings of the room. It was unbelievable. The next room I was put into was not that bad, but still gross. The towels are simply not usable. They are so old and feel like sandpaper. The bedding is also disgusting. I had to sleep in my clothes. They really need to renovate this place.

Do NOT fall for the price or the reviews, this place is seriously not worth $30 a night. The "River View" is also a ploy, the view is actually just an entrance to a marina/fuel station, and right across the water are two nasty industrial smoke stacks cooking away. One cool thing was watching a sailboat pass by into the marina, but that was the only decent view I had.

Service was pretty good, and I feel sorry for the friendly employees at the front desk that have to constantly put up with the shortcomings of the cleaning staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Josh S
Whitehall, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

After traveling on motorcycles all day, we were looking for a clean & reasonably priced place to stay. River's Edge was it! We enjoyed being right on the river and sitting on the pool patio. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#4 of 35 in Sandusky
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Cedar Point's Express Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn River's Edge? Share your experiences!