“When Luchita's is Good, it's Really Good”
Review of Luchita's

Luchita's
Ranked #42 of 66 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Ohio
“When Luchita's is Good, it's Really Good”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We have been fans of the Luchita's chain for quite some time and looked forward to trying out the one in Hudson. It's nicely decorated and the hostess and wait staff have been friendly and professional. The first time we went, the food was great and we decided to bring back a group of friends. Unfortunately, when we came back about 50% of our party found the food to be bland and thought that cheaper Mexican restaurants in the area could have done better.

We stayed away for a while, but decided that we would give them one more try. Once again the food was wonderful. Loved the salsa (loved it the first time); loved the chicken burrito and carne asada. The mixture of pineapple and chipotle sauce made the carne asada tangy-sweet. We can also recommend the tilapia and their Long Island ice tea. And it's nice to taste jicama in a jicama salad and not cucumber like we've received at the Luchita's in Parma.

We're going to give it a 4 out of 5 hoping that the off night was just a fluke.

1 Thank NPS_Tumbleweeds

Hudson, OH
“Favorite casual restaurant in Hudson”
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We've taken our young girls here a couple times a month since it opened. Love the food. I frequently have the Tinga de Pollo which is smoked chicken cooked with tomatoes and veggies and seasonings. During Lent on Fridays I sometimes have a similar dish made with fish. Almost every time we've been there, the servers have given us just the right amount of attention. The one exception was when it was very crowded and the server was new. However, I haven't seen him since that day.

The one thing I don't much like about the place is the "back" side of the dining room which has no atmosphere and the tables are very close together with no partitions. Not a big deal when it's not crowded, but when it is you might be rubbing elbows with people on either side. The "front" area of the dining room near the windows and outside are nice, but they're small. Fortunately we're usually there early so we can sit where we want. Even when it has been crowded, though, we've never had to wait for a table to open up.

Now, there's another Mexican restaurant in the city, mentioned in other reviews, much closer to our house - but I've found the meat there to be completely without taste. I mean if I put plain cooked hamburger in my mouth it would be more flavorful. I don't get how other reviewers can claim it's better. Maybe it's good for people who care about the texture of the bready shells it comes in. And it is certainly not less expensive than Luchita's.

1 Thank nirolo
hudson
“traveling from out of town finding luchita's was quite a find.”
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Great food Great service the margaritas were very tasty.During my 1 hour visit on a Friday evening my wife and i did have a 20 minute waite to be seated however well worth it.Our server not only friendly but had an answer for all our questions.As far as the drink menu wow what a great tequila list as well as the Mexican beers. Price a little on the high side however well worth it.Great atmosphere cute little place somewhat loud inside only because of its size not a big deal.

2 Thank jakjak1
Great Lakes USA
“Drink here, eat somewhere else.”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Luchitas in Hudson has a great bar area and the drinks are good. The chips and salsa are also good and you can get that at the bar too. The food is not terrible, but it isn't great and the prices are high for this type of fare. I recommend using Luchitas as a watering hole and eating at one of the other mexican restaurants in the area which have better food, prices and value.

1 Thank SchultzBrigade
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Not as good as it should have been.”
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I came to this place expecting a good meal, but what I got was a slightly below average meal. It started well; the chips and salsa were good as were the margaritas and Mexican beer list. After that it was not so great. I had chicken in mole sauce and it was so bad that I barely could eat it. Mole sauce normally is very flavorful, this was very bland. Also, the chicken had no seasoning whatsoever. My girlfriend also was not impressed with her dish. I would have sent them back but we were pressed for time and didn't have enough time to wait again. The food itself I found to be slightly overpriced for the portion you received. The server was friendly; I do not blame her at all. If you just want good Mexican beer or good Margaritas then this is your place, however, if you want to eat anything that is at all good, I have to tell you that you should go elsewhere.

2 Thank geckoj0623

Been to Luchita's? Share your experiences!