“Good, Casual, Mexican food”
Review of Marcelita's - CLOSED

Marcelita's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been going to Marcelita's for years. The food is always very good -- we love the chips and salsa while we wait for dinner -- and the servings are ample. Service can be a bit spotty at times -- we have had great service and then the last time we went, our server was terrible. That happens. The fajitas and enchilatas are very good and they have a nice kids menu. It is a great place for families because kids can make noise without disturbing other tables.

There are newer reviews for Marcelita's

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place is right on my way home from work and I meet a few friends here almost every Friday. Positives - chips and salsa, good food for the price, it's Mexican (I love Mexican), it's not overly hoity toity.
Negatives - decor could use an update, when it's busy on a weekend it takes a while to get a table

1  Thank RayMartHudson
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere of this restaurant was decent. The food was average at best. The tortilla chips they served before the meal tasted stale and I think this gave me an upset stomach. I've heard people mention this restaurant & it seemed to be busy but I do not understand the appeal. I don't think I will be returning anytime soon.

2  Thank chellene
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Please don't waste your money here. They use ground beef and Velveeta cheese. I'm pretty sure they don't use Velveeta cheese in Mexico, at least I've never had it on my burritos or enchiladas while in Mexico. It's very expensive for the tiny amount of food you get, and it's not very tasty. This is like a fancy Taco Bell. I hear their Margaritas are very good, but that was after I had visited and I don't have the heart or the stomach or the wallet to go back and find out. :(

Thumbs down on this one.

1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had not been to Marcelita's in years and decided to go as part of a girl's night out with 5 of my friends last night. It was AWFUL!! Our service was not good, took forever for our drinks to come, food came out 15 mins apart so we weren't able to eat together, food was bad, checks were messed up - we were charged for 2 drinks we didn't even order. I don't remember EVER having this bad of an experience going there before, something must've changed over the last few years!!

1  Thank Jessica T