“Left Hungry :(”

Cross street: State Route 303
Beachwood, Ohio
“Left Hungry :(”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We drive 30 minutes to Downtown 140...used to enjoy the atmosphere and food, so the drive was well worth the evening... progressively, the menu options, portions and prices became fairly disappointing.
We heard the restaurant was recently sold and were curious if the newer owner had a different vision than the last owner, unfortunately... the "new" menu was pricey and we actually left hungry!
I would be ashamed to serve the mussel entree at a restaurant I owned! The mussels were dry/shriveled and tiny, the entree looked like a sad appetizer... the dinner portions leave much to be desired for the prices!

• Visited June 2013

Cleveland, Tennessee
“What an experience!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing night. I had a chefs tasting of five courses with wine accompaniment. Every course was a new surprise. I highly recommend if you have time to sit and eat.

• Visited May 2013
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and nice venue for a quiet cocktail. Would not recommend for a meal. Portions are extremely small, more like English Dim Sum at inflated prices. Server was inexperienced. One cook, who was not wearing gloves wiped their nose and did not wash their hands. Lamb ribs were mainly fat and unedible.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank RpII
Cleveland
“Lovely restaurant; very good appetizers; expensive”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with live music - even on weeknights. Attentive service. The menu is extremely interesting, though not extensive. Many unusual choices (e.g., quail).

We tried several different appetizers. The English pea soup ($8) was excellent and beautifully presented. The scallop appetizer ($16) comes with a tiny piece of grilled cheese on top of each of the two scallops that sit in a cucumber, mint & cilantro sauce. Crab salad also very good.

I can't give this an excellent review because: (1) the bread was stale (sliced too early?), and (2) one member of our group had the strip steak and said it was very chewy.

Accessibility: the restaurant says that the main entrance is at the back adjacent to the parking garage - but there are several steps here. There is also an entrance on Main Street & perhaps there are no steps there.

• Visited March 2013
Cleveland
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is AWESOME! It is truly a well kept secret... I almost don't want to tell you about it. When we entered Downtown 140 I felt like I was transported to a sophisticated, chic, urban restaurant in New York, Paris or London. The decor was clean, crisp and welcoming. The live music was a surprise and very lovely - classic covers and jazzy tunes.

My expectation of the food was tempered because we had never eaten there. But, I was so delighted with my dish that it took me two weeks to get it off of my mind. (I had Chicken).

So, if you're ever in Hudson, Ohio (just south of Cleveland) Check out Downtown 140!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Downtown 140? Share your experiences!