“What an experience!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Route 303
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing night. I had a chefs tasting of five courses with wine accompaniment. Every course was a new surprise. I highly recommend if you have time to sit and eat.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and nice venue for a quiet cocktail. Would not recommend for a meal. Portions are extremely small, more like English Dim Sum at inflated prices. Server was inexperienced. One cook, who was not wearing gloves wiped their nose and did not wash their hands. Lamb ribs were mainly fat and unedible.

1  Thank RpII
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with live music - even on weeknights. Attentive service. The menu is extremely interesting, though not extensive. Many unusual choices (e.g., quail).

We tried several different appetizers. The English pea soup ($8) was excellent and beautifully presented. The scallop appetizer ($16) comes with a tiny piece of grilled cheese on top of each of the two scallops that sit in a cucumber, mint & cilantro sauce. Crab salad also very good.

I can't give this an excellent review because: (1) the bread was stale (sliced too early?), and (2) one member of our group had the strip steak and said it was very chewy.

Accessibility: the restaurant says that the main entrance is at the back adjacent to the parking garage - but there are several steps here. There is also an entrance on Main Street & perhaps there are no steps there.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is AWESOME! It is truly a well kept secret... I almost don't want to tell you about it. When we entered Downtown 140 I felt like I was transported to a sophisticated, chic, urban restaurant in New York, Paris or London. The decor was clean, crisp and welcoming. The live music was a surprise and very lovely - classic covers and jazzy tunes.

My expectation of the food was tempered because we had never eaten there. But, I was so delighted with my dish that it took me two weeks to get it off of my mind. (I had Chicken).

So, if you're ever in Hudson, Ohio (just south of Cleveland) Check out Downtown 140!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We have dined several times at this fine restaurant in Hudson, and we seem to enjoy the meal more each time!
The staff is attentive, the menu is enticing, and presentation is A+. Last night I ordered the 6 oz. strip steak with a side of asparagus. The asparagus was grilled just right, and the steak was perfect.
The ONLY disappointment is the noise level, but I can easily overlook that and anticipate another visit to Downtown 140 soon!