“Delicious!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Route 303
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I went to Downtown 140 for our recent Sweetest Day/dating anniversary. We had a very nice time! Located in Hudson's mainstreet area, we parked in front of the stores and entered from the mainstreet side. It was a bit confusing, we figured out we had to go downstairs, and then entered through the glass doors ( a beautiful entrance) But, when we were inside, we did not see a hostess stand right away, and were not sure where to go - fortunately, the hostess from what looked like the back came forward to greet us right away. We found out later that most people enter from the back, where there is ample parking. They had a coat check as well, which was nice. A basement that has been beautifully updated, the stone walls are lit well, with simple paiintings as decoration - very nicely done. We had a very nice server, and was offered a few slices of bread - one of which was a mushroom bread, which was delicious! As an appetizer, we shared calamari, which was cooked well, nice and creamy. I had the beet salad - tastey! As main dishes, they had several where they offered 1/2 plates, which was nice to be able to try more things and save some money - I ordered the scallops which were cooked perfectly, atop some cheesey risotto - and my husband had the walleye which he loved as well. His exact comment, "Boy, these people really care about food!" Unfortunately, we were too full to order dessert. Our bill was 68$ before tip, but there were certainly selections they had which could have easily taken it over $100 - was worth the cost though! Reservations are recommended.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Recently went here for my fourth time in the last year, and the place is still my favorite in Hudson. Food is outstanding and wine selection good. The atmosphere is wonderful, although it can be noisy if busy. Bring your high limit credit card, as prices are more New York City range than Northeast Ohio!

1  Thank Zstorkrch
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were visiting our daughter in Kent and needed a place to have dinner. We had been shopping and happened upon Downtown 140. We had no reservations, but the wonderful manager made room for us at the bar and we had an incredibly delicious dinner. Everyone associated with the restaurant was welcoming, friendly and very helpful. Food was beautifully presented and prepared. You are able to order 1/2 portions of certain entrees which is perfect. That way you are able to sample more of their wonderful food. We highly recommend this restaurant whenever in the area, and we will be back again.

1  Thank 3GirlsMom92
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Awesome food, great atmosphere!!!!! Great date night place. I love this place, great location. Put this on your must go to list. Don't miss it. The fired green beans the best.

1  Thank theprincess1
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I, along with three friends, recently ate at Downtown 140. It was a special celebration of 3 birthdays. We have always gone here to celebrate special occasions, and have never been disappointed. Our experience this week was much different.

We decided to start our dinner with a Rose wine as it was a very warm evening. The waitress said that they didn't carry any Rose. So, we all ordered something different. A few minutes later, she came back and said they DID have a rose...it ended up to be a sparkling rose. We all anticipated the wonderful bread that used to be served. Instead, a basket of so-so breads arrived with a bit of olive oil, balsamic and a small dish of butter. The menu had been changed, not a problem, it's always nice when restaurants change up. However, many of the favorites were gone, and replaced with just "okay" items. When I called to make the reservations, I told them we were coming to celebrate three special birthdays. Usually, this is marked with a small dessert at the end of the meal. Each birthday celebrant was given a birthday card. So, we decided to order a scoop of ice cream. The scoops(?) were the size of a quarter. We all joked and said, "don't let it melt...you will end up with a shot of ice cream."

As I said, we have enjoyed this restaurant many times. It is pricey, but we always thought it was well worth it for special occasions. I truly am hoping this was an unusual night, and not the sign of things to come. There is quite a bit of restaurant competition in the area. Also, I would hate to see a fine dining establishment become ordinary.

1  Thank Vicki N

Been to Downtown 140? Share your experiences!